Get Social with AFP
The AFP Blog
September 19, 2018 —
AFP Canada: Committed to Long-Term Growth and Success
August 28, 2018 —
Changing Our Culture, One Step at a Time
Find Us Also On:
AFP Strategic Partners
Phishing Warning to AFP Members: AFP has been made aware of emails to members purportedly "from AFP" (or "from AFP Foundation") and showing an AFP email address requesting payment of outstanding invoices or requesting members to click a link to update their address or make a GoFundMe donation. Please be aware that these emails are not approved by or in any way related to anyone at AFP. To be clear, AFP has NOT authorized the use of the AFP name or trademarks for this purpose, nor do we request invoice payments via email. AFP is investigating the source of the messaging.
Registration is Now Open for AFP ICON 2019 in San Antonio, Featuring Soledad O'Brien!
• Take the NRC Fundraising Survey: Deadline Nov. 10!
• Women's Impact Initiative Mentoring Program: Applications Now Open
• 2019 AFP International Committees Sign-Up
• Visa Credit Card Changes May Affect Some Charities and Their Fundraising
• AFP Member Spotlight: Sheree Allision, Executive Director, Big Brothers Big Sisters / Boys and Girls Clubs of Miramichi, New Brunswick
• AFP's Day in the Ridings: Why Public Policy Matters
• American’s Favorite Charities: Large, Health-Related, Global and Not Faith-Based
• Canadian Philanthropic Research: Call for Proposals!: English | French
• [Video] Adrienne McDade Discusses Mentoring and How to Find and Develop a Good Mentor-Mentee Relationship
• AFP Member Spotlight: James (Jim) Greenfield, ACFRE, FAHP, FAFP
• AFP Testifies Before Canada Senate Committee on the Charitable Sector
• AFP 2018 Compensation & Benefits Report: US Data | Canada Data
• Charity Gift Database Shows Sluggish Fundraising Continued in Second Quarter
• AFP Diverse Communities Scholarship Application Form Now Available
• World’s Largest Giving Database Finds Modest Growth in 2017 Giving, Retention Rates
• Choosing the AFP 2019 ICON Education Sessions
• New Study Anticipates Significant Decrease in Giving Following Tax Reform
• AFP Foundation for Philanthropy – Canada Board Announced
• Giving USA 2018: Americans Gave $410.02 Billion to Charity in 2017
• Next AFP Webinar (10/24): Navigating Negotiations: More Money & More Mission
• Honor Outstanding Generosity, Commitment, Professionalism Through AFP’s New Honors Program
• This Week's Top Ten: Talking About Bequests, Direct Mail Follow-Up, Barriers to Retention & More!
• An Introduction to Donor Data Segmentation
• Ethical Leadership: Are You Humble Enough?
• Building a Culture of Philanthropy
• Digital Giving Campaign Best Practices
• The 100% Fallacy: 7 Presumptions That Hold Your Fundraising Back
• Research Finds "Ideological" Gap in How to Represent Charity Beneficiaries
• Gifts Happen: Tales from an Introverted Fundraiser
• Fundraising Events: So Much More than Money
• Seven Steps to Focus on the Art and Science of Grant Writing
• Ten Ways to Supercharge Your Storytelling
• Building Your Small Shop Toolkit
• Measuring Fundraising Effectiveness
• Leadership Study Offers Roadmap for Nonprofit Transformation
• The Importance of Mentorship: Women Who Have Led Me
October 24, 2018 - AFP Webinar: Navigating Negotiations: More Money & More Mission
November 01, 2018 - November 02, 2018 - AFP Fundamentals of Fundraising Course: Pittsburgh, PA
November 01, 2018 - AFP FL, Indian River Chapter: National Philanthropy Day
November 05, 2018 - November 06, 2018 - CFRE Refresher Course: Kingston, ON
March 31-April 2, 2019
San Antonio, Tx.
The world’s largest conference for professional fundraisers heads to the Lone Star State with a new name and a fresh look. Join us in San Antonio, Texas, home to a rich history and the vibrant River Walk, for AFP ICON 2019. The name changes, but we’re still bringing you the absolute best experience that professional fundraising has to offer. With thousands of attendees, more than 100 education sessions, and a massive marketplace, one thing’s for sure: Everything’s bigger at ICON. Learn more!
October 12-13, 2018
In its 12th year, the 2018 AFP Leadership Academy will be a two and a half day event featuring advanced leadership development opportunities and AFP chapter management training, designed to enrich your career. There are an abundance of networking experiences available giving you the opportunity to share best practices with your colleagues.
The AFP Webinar Series brings the experts to you! Train your whole office with no travel expense or time away from the office. All you need is either a computer with Internet access to join in on the Webconference or a speakerphone to participate as an Audioconference via a toll-free number. You can watch the presentation, submit questions and participate in audience polls!
The powers that be reside in all of us - to overcome challenges, conquer fears, and improve lives.
Main Magazine Page
Your AFP Member Benefits
Free AFP Webinars!See More Benefits of AFP Membership!
AFP 2019 International Conference
The world’s largest conference for professional fundraisers heads to the Lone Star State with a new name and a fresh look. Join us in San Antonio, Texas, home to a rich history and the vibrant River Walk, for AFP ICON 2019. The name changes, but we’re still bringing you the absolute best experience that professional fundraising has to offer. With thousands of attendees, more than 100 education sessions, and a massive marketplace, one thing’s for sure: Everything’s bigger at ICON. Learn more!Learn More Register Now