Get Social with AFP
The AFP Blog
November 15, 2017 —
National Philanthropy Day: Advancing the Greater Good
November 01, 2017 —
Leading into the Future
October 10, 2017 —
The Time to Act is NOW!
Find Us Also On:
AFP Strategic Partners
The AFP office will be closed starting at 2 pm Wednesday, November 22, for the Thanksgiving holiday in the U.S. The office will reopen Monday, November 27.
• Ann Hale to Lead AFP Volunteer Leadership in 2018
• AFP U.S. Legislative Update: Contact Your Senators Thanksgiving Week
• The Fundraising Effectiveness Project Releases Third Quarter Benchmark Report
• Canada: AFP/Globe and Mail National Philanthropy Day Supplement
• Jim Allen, ACFRE Wins Barbara Marion Award for Service to the Profession
• AFP Legislative Alert: Your Action Needed NOW on Tax Reform
• Q&A with AFP's New President and CEO
• The State of AFP (Video): U.S. | Canada
• Mike Geiger Named President and CEO of AFP
• U.S. Foundation Partners with Catapult on BE The CAUSE Campaign
• AFP Board Adopts New Approach to Diversity and Inclusion
• Member Spotlight: Emilio Alonso-Mendoza
• How to Get "Unstuck" In Your Professional Life: Q&A with Valorie Burton
• Register Now for the 2018 International Fundraising Conference!
• AFP Disaster Relief Page: Recent Hurricanes, Mexico Earthquakes
• Thoughts on Harvey and Disaster Relief Efforts
• Charitable Giving in the U.S. Reaches $390 Billion
• Special Globe and Mail National Philanthropy Day Supplement - Nov. 2017
• More Than Just a Good PowerPoint—AFP Master Speaker Training
• Next Webinar (12/4): Why Today's Tactics Won't Work with Tomorrow's Donors
Phishing Warning to AFP Members: AFP has been made aware of emails to members purportedly "from AFP" requesting payment of outstanding invoices or requesting members to click a link to update our address. Please be aware that these emails are not approved by or in any way related to anyone at AFP. To be clear, AFP has NOT authorized the use of the AFP name or trademarks for this purpose. Please be sure to look at the email address noted in the "From" line to make sure it is tied to an actual @afpnet.org address. AFP is investigating the source of the messaging.
• This Week's Top Ten: Using Your Form 990, Silence in Conversations & More!
• Are You Feeling Overwhelmed or Behind at Work? You Are Not Alone! (Part 1)
• An Inclusive Solution for Philanthropic Growth
• Youth in Philanthropy
• Part One: Small Shop Sponsorship—The Three-Headed Hydra
• Diversity and Inclusion in Fundraising: On the Road to Reconciliation
• Data Template: Gaining Actionable Insights For Your Charity
• Ethics Resource Committee: Q&A with Valerie Campbell
• The New Fundraising Rules You Need to Know
• Focus on Your Nonprofit’s Impact: Amy Eisenstein Interviews Nick Fellers
• Following A Plan, Plus Four Donor ID Methods, Key to Major Gift Success
• International Survey Reveals Trends, Preferences and Habits behind Giving
• Nonprofits Continue to Hire More Aggressively Than For-Profits in 2017
• Tips for a Smooth Transition from a Millennial Job Hopper
• Help Make the Fundraising Profession More Diverse and Vibrant!
• Action University Summary: Leaders Eat Last: Why Some Teams Pull Together
• Giving 3.0: Embracing the New Diversity in 21st Century Philanthropy
• New FEP Research Sheds Light on Donor Retention
• North Park University Offers Tuition Discount to Members
November 29, 2017 - 2017 AFP MA Conference on Philanthropy
December 04, 2017 - AFP WEBINAR: Why Today's Tactics Won't Work with Tomorrow's Donors
December 13, 2017 - AFP MS Monthly Education Event
Big things are coming to the Big Easy in 2018 and not just the city’s 300th anniversary! We’re talking the world’s biggest and baddest conference. Meet us in New Orleans, the home of jazz and Mardi Gras for three days of learning, connecting, and culture; with a side of gumbo, of course. Registation is now open!
October 12-14, 2017
In its eleventh year, the 2017 AFP Leadership Academy is a two and a half day event featuring advanced leadership development opportunities and AFP chapter management training, designed to enrich your career. There are an abundance of networking experiences available giving you the opportunity to share best practices with your colleagues. We look forward to seeing you in Cincinnati, Ohio, in October!
The AFP Webinar Series brings the experts to you! Train your whole office with no travel expense or time away from the office. All you need is either a computer with Internet access to join in on the Webconference or a speakerphone to participate as an Audioconference via a toll-free number. You can watch the presentation, submit questions and participate in audience polls!
Steer Clear: Ethics, Accountability and Regulation
Main Magazine Page
Your AFP Member Benefits
Free AFP Webinars!See More Benefits of AFP Membership!