Get Social with AFP
The AFP Blog
January 10, 2018 —
Public Policy and the New U.S. Fundraising Environment
December 20, 2017 —
December 06, 2017 —
Chapter Visits: Understanding the Fabric of our Community
Find Us Also On:
AFP Strategic Partners
Meet us in New Orleans, the home of jazz and Mardi Gras, for three days of learning, connecting, and culture; with a side of gumbo, of course. Register now!
• Next AFP Webinar (1/24): Philanthroculture - How Diverse Culture Influences Generosity
• 2018 AFP Canada Board Approved
• Tips for Giving After the Tax Bill
• AFP Announces 2018 Diverse Communities Scholars for Int'l Conference
• #afpicon18: Calling All Artists, Poets and Photographers!
• Congress Approves Tax Bill, Likely Leading to Drops in Charitable Giving
• Blackbaud Disaster Recovery and Giving Survey
• AFP Foundation Receives Grant to Continue Fellowship Program
• AFP Foundation Chair Talks Goals, Giving to Your Professional Community
• Register Now for the AFP's Fundraising Principles and Practice in 2018
• The Fundraising Effectiveness Project Releases Third Quarter Benchmark Report
• Canada: AFP/Globe and Mail National Philanthropy Day Supplement
• Jim Allen, ACFRE Wins Barbara Marion Award for Service to the Profession
• Q&A with AFP's New President and CEO
• The State of AFP (Video): U.S. | Canada
• Mike Geiger Named President and CEO of AFP
• U.S. Foundation Partners with Catapult on BE The CAUSE Campaign
• AFP Board Adopts New Approach to Diversity and Inclusion
• Member Spotlight: Emilio Alonso-Mendoza
• How to Get "Unstuck" In Your Professional Life: Q&A with Valorie Burton
• More Than Just a Good PowerPoint—AFP Master Speaker Training
Phishing Warning to AFP Members: AFP has been made aware of emails to members purportedly "from AFP" requesting payment of outstanding invoices or requesting members to click a link to update our address. Please be aware that these emails are not approved by or in any way related to anyone at AFP. To be clear, AFP has NOT authorized the use of the AFP name or trademarks for this purpose. Please be sure to look at the email address noted in the "From" line to make sure it is tied to an actual @afpnet.org address. AFP is investigating the source of the messaging.
• This Week's Top Ten: 2018 Goals and Ideas, Using the Right Metrics & More
• What to Focus on in 2018?
• Are You Feeling Overwhelmed or Behind at Work? You Are Not Alone! (Part 2)
• Part Two: Small Shop Sponsorship—The Three-Headed Hydra
• Mid-level Donors: The Hidden Treasure In Your Database
• Philanthropic Culture is Mission Driven
• Donor Perceptions: Larger Charities More Effective, Smaller Ones More Efficient
• Bright Spots and Relationship Building: Amy Eisenstein Interviews Kim Klein
• Blackbaud Institute Reveals Key Factors Transforming the Donor Marketplace
• An Inclusive Solution for Philanthropic Growth
• Diversity and Inclusion in Fundraising: On the Road to Reconciliation
• Data Template: Gaining Actionable Insights For Your Charity
• Following A Plan, Plus Four Donor ID Methods, Key to Major Gift Success
• International Survey Reveals Trends, Preferences and Habits behind Giving
• Nonprofits Continue to Hire More Aggressively Than For-Profits in 2017
• Tips for a Smooth Transition from a Millennial Job Hopper
• Help Make the Fundraising Profession More Diverse and Vibrant!
• New FEP Research Sheds Light on Donor Retention
• North Park University Offers Tuition Discount to Members
January 16, 2018 - January 17, 2018 - AFP Fundamentals of Fundraising Course: Regina, SK
January 26, 2018 - AFP CFRE Refresher Course: Independence, OH 44131 (Greater Cleveland)
February 16, 2018 - February 17, 2018 - AFP Vancouver Island Chapter: Philanthropic Leadership Program – Unlocking your leadership potential in just 2 days!
Big things are coming to the Big Easy in 2018 and not just the city’s 300th anniversary! We’re talking the world’s biggest and baddest conference. Meet us in New Orleans, the home of jazz and Mardi Gras for three days of learning, connecting, and culture; with a side of gumbo, of course. Registration is now open!
October 11-13, 2018
In its 12th year, the 2018 AFP Leadership Academy will be a two and a half day event featuring advanced leadership development opportunities and AFP chapter management training, designed to enrich your career. There are an abundance of networking experiences available giving you the opportunity to share best practices with your colleagues. Stay tuned for more details about joining us in Toronto next October!
The AFP Webinar Series brings the experts to you! Train your whole office with no travel expense or time away from the office. All you need is either a computer with Internet access to join in on the Webconference or a speakerphone to participate as an Audioconference via a toll-free number. You can watch the presentation, submit questions and participate in audience polls!
Your AFP Member Benefits
Free AFP Webinars!See More Benefits of AFP Membership!