Get Social with AFP
The AFP Blog
July 10, 2018 —
Overall Giving Increases but Challenges Remain
May 23, 2018 —
Our Ethics Process
Find Us Also On:
AFP Strategic Partners
• AFP 2018 Compensation & Benefits Report: US Data | Canada Data
• AFP Canada Board of Directors 2019 Nominations
• Choosing the AFP 2019 ICON Education Sessions
• Average Donor Receives Almost 18 Messages from Charities Each Week
• New Survey on Philanthropic Conversations Between Advisors and Clients
• Fundraising Legend and Icon Jerry Panas Passes Away
• Action Needed on the Johnson Amendment Again
• AFP Member Spotlight: Ken Kissick, Founder, Streets Alive Mission
• [Video] Andy Davis: Talking to Boards About Fundraising Costs
• 2018 Leadership Academy Registration (Toronto, Oct. 12-13) is Open!
• New Study Anticipates Significant Decrease in Giving Following Tax Reform
• AFP Foundation for Philanthropy – Canada Board Announced
• Online Giving, Ad Spending Growing Significantly
• Five 2018 AFP Webinars Approved for ACFRE Credit
• Giving USA 2018: Americans Gave $410.02 Billion to Charity in 2017
• Next AFP Webinar (8/29): Recruiting Diverse Development Professionals To Your Fundraising Team
• AFP/Globe and Mail Philanthropy Supplement Released
• Honor Outstanding Generosity, Commitment, Professionalism Through AFP’s New Honors Program
• This Week's Top Ten: Donor Behavioral Science, Filling Sponsorship Tables
• An Introduction to Donor Data Segmentation
• Ethical Leadership: Are You Humble Enough?
• Building a Culture of Philanthropy
• Digital Giving Campaign Best Practices
• The 100% Fallacy: 7 Presumptions That Hold Your Fundraising Back
• Research Finds "Ideological" Gap in How to Represent Charity Beneficiaries
• Gifts Happen: Tales from an Introverted Fundraiser
• Fundraising Events: So Much More than Money
• Seven Steps to Focus on the Art and Science of Grant Writing
• Ten Ways to Supercharge Your Storytelling
• Building Your Small Shop Toolkit
• Measuring Fundraising Effectiveness
• Leadership Study Offers Roadmap for Nonprofit Transformation
• The Importance of Mentorship: Women Who Have Led Me
August 23, 2018 - August 24, 2018 - AFP Fundamentals of Fundraising Course: Honolulu, HI
August 23, 2018 - Fundraising Day Wisconsin Conference, Madison, WI
August 27, 2018 - August 28, 2018 - CFRE Refresher Course: St. Charles, MO
August 28, 2018 - August 29, 2018 - CFRE Refresher Course: Winston-Salem, NC
March 31-April 2, 2019
San Antonio, Tx.
The world’s largest conference for professional fundraisers heads to the Lone Star State with a new name and a fresh look. Join us in San Antonio, Texas, home to a rich history and the vibrant River Walk, for AFP ICON 2019. The name changes, but we’re still bringing you the absolute best experience that professional fundraising has to offer. With thousands of attendees, more than 100 education sessions, and a massive marketplace, one thing’s for sure: Everything’s bigger at ICON. Learn more!
October 12-13, 2018
In its 12th year, the 2018 AFP Leadership Academy will be a two and a half day event featuring advanced leadership development opportunities and AFP chapter management training, designed to enrich your career. There are an abundance of networking experiences available giving you the opportunity to share best practices with your colleagues.
The AFP Webinar Series brings the experts to you! Train your whole office with no travel expense or time away from the office. All you need is either a computer with Internet access to join in on the Webconference or a speakerphone to participate as an Audioconference via a toll-free number. You can watch the presentation, submit questions and participate in audience polls!
Volume 25 Number 3
The story of 2017: People caring, making a difference, and sharing what they have learned
Main Magazine Page
Your AFP Member Benefits
Free AFP Webinars!See More Benefits of AFP Membership!
AFP 2019 International Conference
The world’s largest conference for professional fundraisers heads to the Lone Star State with a new name and a fresh look. Join us in San Antonio, Texas, home to a rich history and the vibrant River Walk, for AFP ICON 2019. The name changes, but we’re still bringing you the absolute best experience that professional fundraising has to offer. With thousands of attendees, more than 100 education sessions, and a massive marketplace, one thing’s for sure: Everything’s bigger at ICON. Learn more!Learn More Register Now