Get Social with AFP
The AFP Blog
June 18, 2013 —
Giving USAâ€”More of the Same
June 11, 2013 —
Stewardship Approaches: What Works
May 31, 2013 —
Another Step Forward, Focusing on Stewardship
Find Us Also On:
AFP Strategic Partners
Nikki’s Notes: Giving USA’s Vice Chair of the Foundation, Keith Curtis, provides an in depth look at the findings from the 2013 Giving USA Report, and talks about how it affects YOU!
Watch the Video | Read the Full Report
• Huffington Post: 'America's Worst Charities' List Criticized By AFP
• Tampa Times, CNN “Worst Charities” List Cites Extreme Cases, Misses Key Points
• AFP Supplement Focuses on Youth in Philanthropy, Corporate Partnerships
• Giving USA 2013 Report Available in June: Special Offer for AFP Members!
• Compensation Study: Majority of Fundraisers See Salary Increases in 2012
• AFP’s National Scholarship Program For Canada Nonprofit Professionals
• Study: Funds Raised Increased at 58% of US & Canadian Charities in 2012
• Call for Nominations: AFP 2014 Board | 2014 U.S. Foundation Board
• Call for Nominations: AFP Foundation for Philanthropy-Canada, Canada Council
Lights...Camera...AFP Action University!
The Advantage: Why Organizational Health Trumps Everything Else In Business, by Patrick M. Lencioni
There is a competitive advantage out there, arguably more powerful than any other. Is it superior strategy? Faster innovation? Smarter employees? Patrick Lencioni argues that the seminal difference between successful organizations and mediocre ones actually has more to do with how healthy they are. Simply put, an organization is healthy when it is whole, consistent and complete, when its management, operations and culture are unified. This book provides leaders with a groundbreaking, approachable model for achieving organizational health.
• This Week's "10 Things You Might've Missed (and Need to Know)"
• Alumni and Friends Do It Again on May 10 at Saint Peter’s University
• Getting to Know Your Donors
• Tap Kids for Their Creativity and Passion for Fundraising!
• How to Hold Onto Your High Performers
• Creating a Fundraising Plan
• AFP 2013 Conference - San Diego Recordings Now Available!
• Register now for AFP 2013 Webinars/Audioconference
• New Education Opportunities Before, During & After Conference!
• North Park University Offers Tuition Discount to Members
- This Week's
- AFP/Rice Development
& Finance Symposium
June 20, 2013 - AFP Connecticut Chapter Monthly Meeting
June 20, 2013 - AK Chapter Monthly Luncheon- Planned Giving
June 20, 2013 - Preventing and Detecting Fraud in Nonprofits
October 3-5, 2013
Omni William Penn Hotel in Pittsburgh, PA
Join your colleagues in Pittsburgh, PA for engaging educational sessions, exciting plenary speakers, and networking and idea swapping October 3 - October 5, 2013 at the 2013 AFP Leadership Academy at the Omni William Penn Hotel! The 2013 Leadership Academy is open to all AFP volunteer leaders at the chapter and international level.
Who: Association of Fundraising Professionals & Stanford Social Innovation Review (SSIR)
What: 8th Annual Nonprofit Management Institute 2013
When: September 10 & 11, 2013
Where: Stanford University, Palo Alto, Ca.
AFP & Stanford Social Innovative Review (SSIR) present an intensive two-day institute that immediately equips nonprofit leaders with new ways of looking at strategic issues and critical knowledge and skills.
June 11-12, 2013
Rice University, TX
This symposium is designed to explore the dynamics of having these two offices collaborate, resulting in better-informed business decisions for their organizations. Senior advancement officers and CFOs will share their experiences and strategies for effective management, and participants will learn more about the complexities of both roles. Fundraisers, chief finance officers, vice presidents, executive directors, investment professionals and board members will all benefit from gaining more insight into how fiscal roles can create stability for their organizations.
Your AFP Member Benefit
The AFP Ethics Assessment Inventory™ (EAI) Tool
The Association of Fundraising Professionals (AFP) is proud to launch its first-ever self-assessment tool. The AFP Ethics Assessment Inventory™ (EAI) is a new benefit of AFP membership, available online for voluntary use. Test your ethics now!See More Benefits of AFP Membership!