National Philanthropy Day® Official Website
2015 National Philanthropy Day®:
- The NPDLove Website
- NPD Videos
- The National Philanthropy Facebook Page
- NPD calendar of events
“Philanthropy is generosity and good will in action.”
Philanthropy is “the love of humankind,” and National Philanthropy Day® (NPD)—November 15—is the day that thousands of people around the world come together to both (1) put that word into action and (2) recognize the change that word has brought to our communities.
NPD is a celebration of philanthropy—giving, volunteering and charitable engagement—that highlights the accomplishments, large and small, that philanthropy—and all those involved in the philanthropic process—makes to our society and our world.
National Philanthropy Day® is both an official day and a grassroots movement. Every year, since 1986 when President Ronald Reagan first proclaimed November 15th as National Philanthropy Day®, communities across the globe have celebrated by hosting events to recognize activities of donors, volunteers, foundations, leaders, corporations, and others engaged in philanthropy.
In 2012, the nation of Canada officially recognized NPD permanently, setting a new model for other countries to emulate.
But NPD is far from just a top-down idea full of formal events. NPD is also a grassroots movement to increase public interest and awareness of the importance of philanthropy, as well as knowledge on giving, volunteering and engagement at the charitable level so people can practice EFFECTIVE philanthropy.
While many people show interest in giving or getting involved, they often need a little reminder about needs and to be inspired by goals and dreams. NPD spurs action, by not only providing tips and guidance, but ways to connect with causes and each other—so people can be inspired by what others are doing and create their own ideas for philanthropic engagement.
- Information about National Philanthropy Day® and the Association of Fundraising Professionals
- The Five "Ps" of Wise Giving
- 25 Ways to Give Wisely
- 25 Ways to Make Your Gifts Go Further
- A Donor Bill of Rights
- Giving tips and other ways to ensure your charitable gifts make an impact
- Data on the current state of giving and fundraising
- Information on ethical fundraising and what legitimate organizations will and will not do
- Famous quotes about philanthropy
- Famous dates in philanthropy
- Tips and perspectives for charities and fundraisers in the current economy
For more information, contact Michael Nilsen, vice president, public affairs, at (425) 241-4675 or email@example.com