AFP Foundations for Philanthropy:
United States and Canada
About the Foundations
The AFP Foundations for Philanthropy enhance philanthropy and volunteerism through programs of education, research, and service that benefit those who lead, serve and support nonprofit institutions. The purpose of the Foundations is to generate the resources to fund strategic initiatives that advance ethical and effective fundraising.
2015 BE the CAUSE Campaign Update
The AFP Foundation is pleased to announce that as of October 1, 2015 the BE the CAUSE Campaign has raised $451,474 (in gifts and pledges) from 4,196 donors. This represents 90% raised against the goal of $500,000!
Remember to utilize the campaign materials available at afpfoundation.org/toolkit.
Here you will find a variety of resources such as a short animated video, a PowerPoint presentation, a brochure, solicitation letter templates, an insert, postcard, table tent cards, sample email solicitation copy, and a BE the CAUSE website: afpfoundation.org. For more information download the Guidebook from the toolkit page.
Chapter IMPACT Campaign 2015
This year we’ve provided chapters with the opportunity to make a chapter-directed gift that supports one or more of the strategic initiatives that mean the most to your members:
• Capacity Building for the Foundation
• Professional Education and Career Development
• Diverse Communities Scholarship Program
As of October 1, 2015 the Chapter IMPACT Campaign has raised $29,398. Thank you to those 49 chapters that have participated. The breakdown of the chapter-directed allocations is 62% to capacity building, 33% to diversity scholarship and 5% to professional education and leadership development.
• AFP 2014 Donor Survey Special Report
• AFP/AFP Foundation for Philanthropy Case for Support
• The Steward Newsletter: *New* Spring 2015 | Fall 2014 | Spring 2014 | Fall 2013 | Spring 2013 | Fall 2012 | Spring 2012 | Archives
• BE the CAUSE Campaign Update Email: *New* Sept. 2015 | July 2015 | June 2015 | May 2015
• AFP Annual Reports: 2013 | 2012 | 2011 | 2010 | 2009 | 2008 | All
Forms and Documents
• 2015 Chapter IMPACT Campaign Donors | Form
• 2015 100 Percent Chapter Board Participation | Form
• Champion Circle Members
• 2014 Distinguished Donors List
• Alpha Society List
• Omega Circle Donors
• Leadership Society Members
Special thanks to Ruffalo Noel Levitz for implementing the annual fund calling program pro bono for seven years!
Premier Foundation Sponsor
How to Give to the AFP Foundations for Philanthropy
Thank you for supporting the AFP Foundations for Philanthropy through the 2015 Be the Cause Campaign. Your gift will make a difference by helping the Foundation generate the resources needed to fund strategic initiatives that advice ethical and effective fundraising.