February 7, 2017
Dear Canadian AFP Member:
- Are you committed to the fundraising profession?
- Do you have a vision for how professionals across Canada can help grow philanthropy?
- Can you imagine supporting a profession growing in every region?
- Do you want to be part of a dynamic organization?
If you answered "Yes!" to any of these questions, then you have the power to influence the direction of AFP in a very concrete way—by nominating yourself or another leader for the Board of Directors of AFP Foundation for Philanthropy–Canada for a term beginning on July 1, 2017.
Use this link for nomination: AFP Foundation Canada Nomination Form
Please ensure that all nominations are accompanied by a current resume (or biography), and confirmation of the nominee's willingness to serve.
The deadline for nominations is March 31, 2017.
The evaluation criteria used includes:
- demonstrated leadership ability
- previous service to AFP, philanthropy and the community locally and/or nationally
- particular leadership, skill or education needs of the foundation at the time candidates are being considered
Additionally, the committee on directorship will consider appointments based on:
- certification (preferred but not required for nominees)
- diversity (all inclusive)
- type of professional practice
- previous and current support of the AFP Foundation for Philanthropyy–Canada
- chapter size
- is a current AFP member in good standing (signed the Code of Ethical Principles and Standards)
- Leadership experience serving at the chapter level
The Committee on Directorship will determine a slate of directors. The slate will be made up of both returning and new board members. The Foundation will also be selecting a chair-elect of the Foundation, who will serve as Foundation Chair beginning in 2019.
Thank you in advance for your consideration to be part of this open search for dedicated and talented leadership for our organization. Please feel free to contact any member of the Committee on Directorship should you have questions. This is an opportunity to make your voice heard.
Scott Decksheimer, CFRE
Immediate Past Chair & Chair, Committee on Directorship
AFP Foundation for Philanthropy–Canada
Foundation Committee on Directorship
Scott Decksheimer, CFRE – Chair
Leah Eustace, ACFRE
Roger Ali, CFRE
Denis Lalonde, MS
- AFP Foundation for Philanthropy–Canada Nomination Form
- Chair-Elect Questionaire
- AFP Foundation for Philanthropy: Board Expectations