Register Today for the Nonprofit Management Institute at Stanford University
(July 21, 2009) How do you shape an effective organization during tough times? AFP and Stanford Social Innovation Review (SSIR) put together this year's Nonprofit Management Institute program to help you shape and grow your organization while dealing with current resource constraints.
Speakers at the institute are world-renowned faculty from the Stanford Graduate School of Business (GSB) and leading practitioners in the field.
AFP members receive a $200 discount. There are also group discounts and a reduced rate at the Sheraton Palo Alto. Register before the early-bird deadline—August 27th—and receive an additional $200 off!
Switch: How to Change Things When Change is Hard. Chip Heath, coauthor of the best-selling book Made to Stick: Why Some Ideas Survive and Others Die, will present a framework for changing how people act, even in the most difficult circumstances. The topic is a perfect fit with the conference theme: Shaping Effective Organizations During Tough Times.
More Great Speakers
- New Paths to Social Innovation, Kriss Deiglmeier, Center for Social Innovation, Stanford GSB
- Ten Nonprofit Funding Models, William Foster, Bridgespan Group
- Leading the New Volunteer Workforce, Robert T. Grimm Jr. and Susannah Washburn, Corporation for National and Community Service
- Market Rebels: How Activists Make or Break Radical Innovation, Hayagreeva Rao, Stanford GSB
- Partnering in Tough Times: Strategic Restructuring for Nonprofit Organizations, David La Piana, La Piana Consulting
- Beyond 2009: Emerging Trends in Philanthropy in an Era of Economic Dislocation, Peter deCourcy Hero, Caltech
- The New, Networked Mindset, Heather McLeod Grant, Monitor Institute
Hear From Past Participants!
Here's what last year's attendees said about the Nonprofit Management Institute, which is sponsored by the Association of Fundraising Professionals and SSIR:
"In my 25 years of 'professional life,' this was the best, most-thought producing, educational training I've attended. Great ROI!"
"Brilliant, thought provoking, and very useful for strategic leadership!"
"The quality of programs/speakers has been outstanding. I'm going home with many ideas and to-do's. Well done!"
The Institute is held at the Frances C. Arrillaga Alumni Center on the Stanford campus, within walking distance of hotels and airport transportation. For further information and to register, go to www.ssireview.org/npinstitute.