Hot Topic: Your Fundraising Career
Fundraisers are people whose jobs involve the acquisition of revenue from private sources for nonprofit organizations. Recent years have seen an explosive growth in the number of fundraisers, with formal education, training and certification opportunities for people who enter the field. Professionals in fundraising do more than just raise money. They build institutions, nurture ideals, and improve and enrich the world. And fundraisers are increasingly in demand. According to U.S. News and World Report, fundraising is one of the top 25 hottest jobs for the future.
Table of Contents:
* Reasons for Career Choice and Factors in Job Satisfaction
* Questions to Ask Yourself in Planning Your Fundraising Career
* Conducting an Annual Career Checkup
* Advancing in Your Fundraising Career: Advice from the Experts
* Negotiating and Job Search
* AFP and Other Resources on Fundraising Careers
Don't See What You Are Looking For? For more results and resources on this and other topics, or to refine your search, please use our Advanced Search page.
AFP also has a number of Discussion Forums, Blogs, and Social Media sites where members can learn more and inquire about the issues and matters that concern them most. And don't forget the AFP Resource Center, the Consultants and Resource Directory, and the AFP Bookstore. Visit them today!