AFP Top Ten Fundraising Tips for the Week (November 8, 2017): Six-Word Case Statements, Email Deliverability, Events That Shine & More!
Need some tips on how to do your job better? Or maybe just a reminder on some key skills, the insight on the latest research, and the latest, coolest ideas from the best minds in the fundraising profession?
Each week, AFP gathers the top blog posts, videos, articles and other resources to help you keep on top of latest trends and reach your fundraising goals. Here’s this week’s Top Ten:
1. Five Tips on Improving Email Deliverability In Nonprofit Fundraising Efforts (Forbes): Out-of-date email lists could be costing your nonprofit considerably in its fundraising efforts. According to the 2017 Nonprofit Email Deliverability Study, an average of 22.64% in potential fundraising revenue was lost in 2016 because of spam emails.
2. Two in Five Americans Lack ‘Philanthropic Footprint’ (The NonProfit Times): Roughly 40 percent of Americans have “no philanthropic footprint” and can’t be counted on for a meaningful relationship with charitable organizations. It’s a reminder of the stark reality of the current philanthropic environment.
3. Planned Gifts Hold Tremendous Promise (Gelman, Rosenberg & Freeman): A short but useful primer on why and how to consider starting up a planned giving program.
4. Here's How to Manage Your Fundraising Stresses and Strains (AFP LinkedIn-Martin Leifeld): You’re a fundraiser. OF COURSE you’re stressed. Here’s a video offering three suggestions for helping yourself manage yourself and your circumstances successfully.
5. Fundraisers: Can You Make a Compelling 6-Word Case? (i5 Fundraising): Sophie Penney discussed a recent challenge that’s good for any fundraiser: boil down what you do and communicate it in six words.
6. How to Have The Most Leverage in Your New Fundraising Office (AFP LinkedIn-Robin Cabral): Some nice tips on how to set up, or rearrange, your fundraising office for success.
7. How One Nonprofit Tries to Show Donors Their Money Is Well-Spent (Wall Street Journal): An interesting interview about attracting new donors, gathering data and building a bigger revenue base.
8. Events That Shine: Not Just Special But Spectacular (Hilborn Charity eNews): Three inspiring examples of extraordinary events, and what you can learn from them.
9. Five Things Nonprofits Need to Do to Move the Needle and Thrive (Philanthropy Journal News): People’s habits and expectations have evolved with technology while traditional ways to give have stayed largely the same, causing a technology chasm that has created a divide between modern donors and nonprofits.
10. A Simple Year-End Email Campaign That Will Increase Your Fundraising (Nonprofit Storytelling): Steven Screen shares how you can raise more money at the end of the year. It involves a simple, three email sequence you can set up to run at the end of the year.