AFP Top Ten (Week of February 1, 2017): AFP Top Ten: Navigating Political Landscapes, Sponsorship Valuation Made Easy, More!
1. Advice for Nonprofit Leaders: How to Navigate an Unpredictable Political Landscape (Campbell & Company): Peter Fissinger, president of Campbell &Company, provides some good advice and guidance on how charities should move ahead in our current political and economic environment.
2. Sponsorship Valuation Made Easy (Hilborn): A nice piece on the steps involved in the valuation process, including a helpful infographic.
3. Car Donation Programs: Do You Want to Be Seen With Them? (The Nonprofit Quarterly): Car donation programs get a lot of bad press, and sometimes it’s deserved. This is a balanced piece identifying what good car donation programs do.
4. The Invisible Thing That Holds You Back at Work: An Interview with Marc Pitman (Charity Village): Five letter word. Starts with “T.” And it’s indispensable if you work in the philanthropic sector.
5. Big Gifts and the Rule of Twelve (Movie Mondays): Can you predict if your campaign will succeed…or fail? In this video, you’ll learn one of the “Rules” that will be an indicator of your campaign’s success or failure.
6. Five Reasons Your Sponsorship Prospects Ignore Your Emails (Wild Apricot): Chris Baylis talks about the reasons your sponsorship prospect emails are ignored and what you can do to avoid that.
7. Nonprofit Communications: You Don't Have to Have All the Answers (Nonprofit PRO): Some very good points on communicating with the media, and communicating in general. Well worth a read.
8. Three Ways Real People Can Bring Your Annual Report to Life (Network for Good): An annual report that conveys your organization’s impact in a vibrant and memorable way fulfills your donors’ needs. Rich, personal stories help fulfill your donors’ needs. Put them together in annual report.
9. How to Improve Your Blog Posts with YouTube Videos (Social Media Examiner): Combining YouTube videos with your written content can help you stand out from your competitors. In this article, you’ll discover how to enhance your blog posts with YouTube videos.
10. Staff Engagement Could Be Key to Your Strategic Plan (Third Sector): Liam Kay on how North Devon Hospice chief Stephen Roberts turned his plan into a living, breathing staff document.