AFP Top Ten (Week of September 26, 2016): Year-End Fundraising
Haven’t had a chance yet to start thinking about your year-end fundraising? Thinking of trying something different this year? Or maybe you’re not sure if your program is as effective as it could be?
AFP has collected a variety of articles about year-end fundraising, with pieces on preparing yourself, getting started with the basics, jazzing up your program and seeing how others are innovating and being creative with their appeals.
1. Year-End Fundraising Season: Top Tips to Prepare Your Nonprofit (Top Nonprofits): A nice overall guide to getting started, just in case.
2. Case Study: How One Organization Doubled Its Year End Fundraising (The Fundraising Authority): A case study based on some sound strategies for year-end mails, emails and phone calls.
3. Six Ways to Start Gearing Up for Year-End Fundraising (Pamela Grow): Six steps to start preparing for year-end fundraising (if you haven’t done so already).
4. Seven Breakthrough Annual Fundraising Appeal Strategies (Clairification): Crafting fundraising appeals and end-of-year campaigns is not rocket science, but you do have to adhere to certain guidelines if you want to achieve blast-off.
5. Six Unique & Compelling Story Ideas for Your Fall Fundraising Appeal (Ignited Fundraising): You already know sharing stories in your fall fundraising appeal is a “must do.” But what story will you share? Here are 6 recommendations for choosing a unique and compelling story.
6. Five Trends to Jazz Up Your Holiday Fundraising (Classy): Add a fresh twist to your holiday fundraising this year. Here are five ways you can give your year-end ask a boost and engage supporters. And another great post by Classy here on What (And Why) You Need to Learn from These 5 Smart Year-End Fundraising Campaigns.
7. Top 10 Ways to Boost Online Giving at Year-End (Gail Perry): An oldie but a goodie from author and fundraising consultant Gail Perry on how to ramp up online giving in the final months of the year. And to be fair to Gail, something more recent from her, Top 10 Ways to Screw Up Your Year End Campaign.
8. Finding the Right Date for Year-End and Holiday Appeals (AFP): There’s no right answer, but AFP members offer a number of perspectives.
9. Eight Ways to Make the Most of Your Year-End Fundraising Campaign (Network for Good): Whether you’ve prepared all year for December fundraising or are playing catch up, there are still opportunities to make simple changes to help raise more money for your cause this year.
10. Five Tips for Writing Year-End Appeals That Bring in More Funds (Nonprofit Hub): Don’t fall into the trap of thinking your year-end giving strategy has to be boring. Keep in mind that in an age dominated by technology, direct mail and personalized letters aren’t dead.
Seen a year-end fundraising piece you really like that should be included, or one you’ve written yourself? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org!