Top Ten (Week of January 12, 2015): Making—and Keeping—Major Gifts and New Year’s Resolutions
There’s so much information online that you’re bound to have missed some of it. Here are some of the top items, articles and ideas you need to know so you can keep up-to-date and find success
1. Fundraising Strategy/Approach: Making and KEEPING Major Gift (and Personal) New Year’s Resolutions (101 Fundraising): Karen Osborne gives some personal and major gift goals to inspire you and presents tangible strategies for achieving them.
2. Fundraising Research: Study: Corporate Giving Improves Employee Performance (Nonprofit Quarterly): Corporate giving is not the same thing as corporate philanthropy. Perhaps you should tell your corporate donors and prospects about this study.
3. Miscellaneous: NPQ’s 11 Biggest Nonprofit Stories of 2014 and Their Implications for Our Future (Nonprofit Quarterly): Here are 11 trends that NPQ identified in 2014 and that it thinks have important implications for fundraising in 2015 and beyond.
4. Top 10 Major Donor Fundraising Trends for 2014-15 (FiredUp Fundraising): Here are Gail Perry’s top 10 major donor trends. This was the most-read post in 2014 on the FiredUp Fundraising blog.
5. Online/Social Media: Facebook in 2015 – What Nonprofits Need to Know (TechSoup): Julia Campbell declares that organic reach on Facebook has declined. This infographic summarizes her “rules” for what to do about it.
6. Online/Social Media: 5 Things You Might Not Know You Can Do With Curated Content (opentopic): Addressed mainly to for-profit marketers, these tips can just as easily apply to your nonprofit fundraising strategy.
7. Fundraising Strategy/Approach: Your backend: The most important element of your nonprofit’s monthly giving program (Pamela Grow): What policies and procedures does your organization have in place to ensure that donors who have made the commitment to give monthly to your organization are happy with their decision? Here are 5 “best practices” that you can use as a reality check for your own monthly giving program.
8. Online/Social Media: Beyond the Hashtag - 10 Steps to a Nonprofit Online Engagement Campaign (About Money): It takes more than having a hashtag to create a successful online engagement campaign. Here are one expert’s 10 suggested steps to engage donors online.
9. Fundraising Approach/Strategy: 7 Steps to Fundraising Success in 2015: Strategic Tips for Your Board and CEO (FiredUp Fundraising): Not new, but practical nonetheless. Here are 7 fundamental steps your board and CEO should take for successful fundraising in 2015 — or any year, for that matter.
10. Fundraising Strategy/Approach: What makes marketing to animal enthusiasts different? (AllVoices): The author says, “What motivates an animal advocate to support nonprofit organizations is rooted in profound emotions.” Come to think of it, isn’t that true of most giving to nonprofits?