Top Ten (Week of June 23, 2014): Successful Fundraisers Will Have These Traits
There’s so much information online that you’re bound to have missed some of it, especially over the holidays. Here are some of the top items, articles and ideas you need to know so you can keep up-to-date and find success.
1. Fundraising Research: Giving USA 2014 [Infographic] (BenefactorGroup): Based on Giving USA 2014 date, this infographic shows giving comparisons over the past year AND since the Great Recession.
2. Volunteer Management: 12 Reasons Why You Should Gracefully Resign from a Nonprofit Board (NonprofitLawBlog): If you’re not active, not contributing resources, or you follow any of these other board member faux pas, it may be time to resign.
3. Volunteer Management: Assessing Your Board’s Governance Capacity (Sofii): The basic standards and principles that every nonprofit board member should follow – provided by board expert Simone Joyaux.
4. Special Events: Charity Leaders Eye U.K. for Expansion of ‘Giving Tuesday’ (TheChronicleofPhilanthropy): As of one the most generous countries, the U.K. would be a perfect fit to join the ‘Giving Tuesday’ movement.
5. Online/Social Media: 6 Video Marketing Tips for Your Next Fundraising Campaign (LoriJacobWithisms): Short and steady wins the race—when it comes to nonprofit marketing videos, at least. Keep the videos close, bright, simple and sincere.
6. Miscellaneous: Successful Fundraisers Will Have These Traits (TallahasseeDemocrat): Are you a successful fundraiser? How do you REALLY know? If you possess these traits you might just be! Compare yourself.
7. Volunteer Management: Volunteers: Love Them or Leave Them (FundraisingSuccessMag): Interesting stats about volunteers: ethnicity, age, marital status, lifestyle and more!
8. Miscellaneous: Cover Story: Cancer Survivors Pay It Forward (TargetMarketingMag): The BEST and most powerful voice for your nonprofit campaign is one that has been directly affected by the money a donor contributed to that campaign.
9. Major Gifts: Take Our Major Gift Fundraising Aptitude Quiz (BloomerangTech): Are you well suited for your fundraising career in major gifts? Take this five-question quiz to find out!
10. Donors: Blackbaud Ranks Most Generous Online U.S. Cities for 2013; More than $822 Million Donated Online from 265 Cities (Blackbaud): Thanks to Charity Navigator, we’ve recently seen the top cities in nonprofit performance. Now Blackbaud is bringing us a breakdown of the most generous U.S. cities by online donations!