Top Ten (Week of June 16, 2014): How Often Should You Thank Recurring Donors?
There’s so much information online that you’re bound to have missed some of it, especially over the holidays. Here are some of the top items, articles and ideas you need to know so you can keep up-to-date and find success.
1. Direct Mail: Fundraising and Financial Services Top the Premium Usage for 2013 (DirectMarketingIQ): Totes! No, not the slang version for “totally”…literally, totes! It’s the way to go for fundraising swag in your direct mailers.
2. Special Events: Marijuana Event Brings Money and Attention to Colo. Symphony (TheChronicleofPhilanthropy): Talk about thinking ‘outside the box’ for your special events—“Classically Cannabis” encourages you to BYOM (bring your own marijuana).
3. Fundraising Strategy/Approach: 4 Ways to Improve Your Fundraising Ask (FutureFundraisingNow): When making the ‘ask’, let a few things speak FOR you, like your credentials and previous donors. They’ll speak volumes and do all the work to back-up your ‘ask’.
4. Online/Social Media: 5 LinkedIn Tips For Your Nonprofit (Serenic): LinkedIn is fast becoming a great tool for nonprofits, and there are actually very specific ways you can use it to get ahead.
5. Fundraising Strategy/Approach: From #nomakeupselfie to The Big Knit: Six Ways Charities Are Innovating (TheGuardian): Innovation in charities is so popular (and important) right now—there’s even a survey for it! Follow these examples on innovation done right.
6. Donors: How Often Should You Thank Recurring Donors? (NonprofitCharitableOrgs): How often you say ‘thank you’ to a donor should depend on HOW they gave. The ‘thanks’ varies by method of giving.
7. Online/Social Media: Best of Blog: Social Media For Nonprofits (SalsaLabs): There’s about a bajillion articles on how nonprofits should do social media. Here’s a quick round-up of a GREAT five articles.
8. Email: New Email Provider Policies May Prevent Some of Your Emails from Reaching Your Supporters (TheDataBank): New email policies make it harder to get your mass emails through to donors. Check over the new policy to make sure you can get through!
9. Online/Social Media: 14 Must-Know Stats About Fundraising, Social Media and Mobile Technology (NPTechforgood): We’ve said it before but we’ll say it again: nonprofits MUST be mobile responsive and on social media.
10. Donors: What Questions Do You Include in Donor Surveys? (NonprofitMarketingGuide): Are you asking your donors the right questions? Here’s what you should (and should NOT) be asking in your next donor survey!
Related AFP ResourcesUPDATE: The Canada New Horizons Transition Task Force
The Power of Sponsorship
Creating Successful Nonprofit Boards, Staff and Programs—Take a Cue from Successful For-Profit Businesses
Get Listed in the Online Consultants and Resource Directory
Online Card Catalog