Top Ten (Week of June 9, 2014): 34 Powerful Ads That Made Me Really Stop and Think
There’s so much information online that you’re bound to have missed some of it, especially over the holidays. Here are some of the top items, articles and ideas you need to know so you can keep up-to-date and find success.
1. Marketing: 34 Powerful Ads That Made Me Really Stop And Think (SFGlobe): These will have you cupping your mouth and show you how to make an extremely powerful case for your cause.
2. Direct Mail: Amazon & the Melting Iceberg of Direct Mail Fundraising (CharityEngine): Direct mail may be a sinking iceberg the same way bookstores were. Instead of a bookstore, consumers favor Amazon, who offers a one-stop shop. Your nonprofit should be doing the same!
3. Fundraising Research: From Sea to Shining Sea, America is Charitable! (CharityNavigator): Charities are ranked by city based on their financial healthy, commitment to accountability and transparency. See who tops the list!
4. Donors: Adam Grant: The Giving Revolution (AssociationsNow): An inside look at the giver—or the “taker” and “matcher”, as Adam Grant sees a donor. He explains why those “otherish” donors (“sort of” donors) are the best.
5. Fundraising Strategy/Approach: The Great Peer to Peer Fundraising Donor Debate (NPEngage): Up until now a lot of nonprofits have been all talk when it comes to peer-to-peer donors. Now it’s time to walk the walk. Create a plan to reel them in!
6. Donor Retention: 4 Disney Lessons to Transform Your Donor Retention (FundraisingCoach): Run your nonprofit like Disney World! Make upgrades easy, create that magical feeling, observe donors and their likes/dislikes and have a process in place!
7. Online/Social Media: Using Social Media Shortcuts to Increase Productivity (SocialBrite): If This, Then That provides shortcuts for successful social media – and some are hilarious!
8. Donors: Customer Relationship Management for Nonprofits (NonprofitCharitableOrgs): If you come from a service background then you know the customer is ALWAYS right! CRM is just as crucial for nonprofits.
9. Email: 8 Uses of Preheader Text to Improve Email Open Rates (Plus 1 Technique to Avoid) (TargetMarketingMag): In three-four seconds you decide whether to open an email, or not. Use pre-header text to entice an “open” even more—but DON’T be repetitive.
10. Miscellaneous: “Unsung Hero” (YouTube): Why do you give? To be famous? For good karma? Or just for emotion? This video proves emotion is all you need to be a satisfied donor.