Top Ten (Week of May 21, 2014): 7 Ways to Kiss Fundraising Goodbye
There’s so much information online that you’re bound to have missed some of it, especially over the holidays. Here are some of the top items, articles and ideas you need to know so you can keep up-to-date and find success.
1. Ethics: Surpassing Expectations Deserves a Reward (GreaterGoodFundraising): The same way waiters work for tips, fundraisers can work for bonuses, IF nonprofits already have a policy set in place.
2. Fundraising Research: The Women of Crowdfunding (Forbes): The gender gap may have persisted for another year in the AFP Compensation and Benefits Survey but women are certainly taking over in the world of crowdfunding.
3. Fundraising Strategy/Approach: You In? Mother's Day Marketing (GettingAttention): Latch on to what is top of mind for donors and build a campaign around it, i.e. Mother's Day! Father's Day is up next—get ready.
4. Fundraising Strategy/Approach: 7 Ways to Kiss Fundraising Goodbye [Slideshare] (SocialVelocity): Fundraising is OUT – financing is IN! Get with the program, or get out of the game.
5. Fundraising Strategy/Approach: Encouraging Word-of-Mouth Marketing for Your Nonprofit (StayClassy): Use the most basic and FREE form of marketing: word of mouth. Have donors spread the word by making it worth their while!
6. Fundraising Research: The States Where People Are The Most (And Least) Generous With Time And Money (FactCoexist): Props to Utah, the most giving state of time and money, according to a 2013 poll. See where your state falls.
7. Fundraising Strategy/Approach: Verity Nine – You Have Presence (Sofii): The best fundraising strategy of all time is YOU—your energy and presence. Mr. Personality himself, Jerry Panas, thinks so!
8. Fundraising Strategy/Approach: 4 Tips for Achieving Real Creativity in Your Direct Response Fundraising Program (Lautmandc): It's one thing to be creative and think outside the box, but don't lose complete sight of the basics! Find a good mix between the two for a successful direct response program.
9. Fundraising Strategy/Approach: 3 Reasons Why Nonprofits Don't Do Storytelling – And My Solutions (JCSocialMarketing): Maybe your nonprofit has never been a storyteller, or maybe your clients won't allow you to use their stories to share, but this shouldn't stop your quest for sharing stories! Use these solutions to help you open up and share.
10. Email: Why Email Still Rules! (Frogloop): Social media may think it's the king of communications, but these six reasons show that email is still very much in the game. There's a reason why email lists grew 14 percent in 2013!