Top Ten (Week of March 10, 2014): Thank You Letters Donors Will Love
There’s so much information online that you’re bound to have missed some of it, especially over the holidays. Here are some of the top items, articles and ideas you need to know so you can keep up-to-date and find success.
1. Donors: Thank You Letters Donors Will Love (Nonprofit.About): It’s a proven fact that a “thank you” goes a long way—use these sample donor letters to help you go the extra mile!
2. Technology: Mobile Marketing and the Wizard of Oz (NonprofitMarketingGuide): Mobile giving according to the Wizard of Oz—follow the yellow brick road: direct donors on the right path.
3. Fundraising Strategy/Approach: Follow The Domain Formula For Donor Newsletters (Bloomerang): Follow the Domain formula for newsletters that raise money—or just do the SMIT method!
4. Younger Donors/Gen Y/Millennials: Modernizing Workplace Giving Because Millennials Want Us To (Charitiesatwork): Giving is moving from “annual” to “emotional”. Next generation donors give when the mood strikes, not on a calendar year.
5. Miscellaneous: What Is Your Giving Moment (TheSpec): Canada creates a storm of giving—challenging each other to a “giving moment”, and passing it on.
6. Special Events: 3 Ways to Successfully Incorporate Independent Fundraising Events (FundraisingSuccessMag): IFE’s are on the rise—nearly half of nonprofits surveyed say they host IFE’s! It’s time to brush up on best practices.
7. Volunteer Management: Nonprofit Boardroom Elephants and the ‘Nice Guy’ Syndrome: A Complex Problem (HuffingtonPost): No more Mr. Nice Guy! As a board member, it’s your responsibility to step up and take action—squash the white elephant in the room.
8. Online/Social Media: 3 Questions BEFORE Plunging Your Nonprofit into a New Social Media Channel (NonprofitMarketingGuide): These great infographics show why your nonprofit should be on social media, including which platforms to concentrate on depending on who your audience is.
9. Special Events: SXSW Update: Extending the Power of Giving Tuesday (TheChronicleofPhilanthropy): Plans to make Giving Tuesday a year-round event and encourage us to factor in more giving to charity to our annual incomes.
10. Online/Social Media: HOW TO: Host a Tweet Chat for Your Nonprofit (Nptechforgood): With twitter engagement on the rise, tweet chats are popping up more and more. Anyone can do one! All you need is a specific hashtag, a tweet chat schedule, a topic, a target audience and a few more essentials.
Related AFP ResourcesCharities Raising More Money, But Still Losing Donors
Does Your Organization Have “Relationship Capital?”
Overall Giving Returns to Pre-Recession Levels, Study Finds
Women Drive Philanthropic Decisions in Wealthy Households, but Nonprofits Must Work for Their Trust, Study Finds
Why Matching Gifts Work