Top Ten (Week of March 3, 2014): Donors Have No Idea What You Do With Their Money
There’s so much information online that you’re bound to have missed some of it, especially over the holidays. Here are some of the top items, articles and ideas you need to know so you can keep up-to-date and find success.
1. Online/Social Media: Facebook Ads: Hip? Hype? Or Huh? (FundraisingSuccessMag): Are the new fundraising ads on Facebook a success or a flop? It depends, but ultimately they CAN work—follow these seven do’s and don’t’s.
2. Email: 5 Nonprofit Email Marketing Mistakes and How to Avoid Them (MediaCause): Five major things to think about before initiating and second your nonprofit eNewsletter—like not sending from “Do Not Reply”.
3. Email: The Demotion of the Open Rate (TargetMarketingMag): As eNewsletter open rates fall, how can you resuscitate them? For starters, make sure they’re mobile, download and time friendly!
4. Donors: Why Monthly Giving Matters for Every Non-Profit (TheFundraisingAuthority): Monthly donors are—or should be—like those friends you only talk to periodically but it’s so natural, like it was yesterday.
5. Fundraising Strategy/Approach: Creative Fundraising Ideas to Inspire Your Nonprofit (EleventyGroup): Four seriously great ideas to try in 2014: oddball events, donate-to-win opportunities, tapping donor skills and offering online volunteerism.
6. Donors: Donors Have No Idea What You Do With Their Money (Business2Community): Stop confusing donors—be transparent so they’ll return again! 89 percent in 2013 had doubts about you spent their money.
7. Fundraising Strategy/Approach: Raising the Bar for Raising Dollars: Do’s and Don’ts for Today’s Hospital Philanthropy (BeckersHospitalReview): Hospital giving has surged over the past few years, and why? Dedicated and passionate fundraising staff, for one!
8. Online/Social Media: 11 Responsively Designed Nonprofit Websites to Study and Learn From (nptechforgood): Great websites and blogs to learn from that are mobile friendly—because that’s how it should be done!
9. Miscellaneous: Disney to End Support for Boy Scouts Over Partial Gay Ban (TheChronicleofPhilanthropy): Disney joins ranks with those who will no longer contribute to Boy Scouts of America because of ban on gay troop leaders.
10. Jobs/Workplace: Fundraisers Resign Due to Lack of Leadership (DCBlog.FoundationCenter): Study finds fundraisers want better leaders—lack of leadership and shortcomings in values and style can send a fundraiser running.