Top Ten (Week of February 26, 2014): How Do I Get My Development Officers Out of the Office to Meet with Donors?
There’s so much information online that you’re bound to have missed some of it, especially over the holidays. Here are some of the top items, articles and ideas you need to know so you can keep up-to-date and find success.
1. Online/Social Media: HOW TO: Curate Nonprofit Videos on YouTube (NonprofitTechforGood): Nonprofits can have engaging video channels without creating videos of their own. Just make a playlist of the ones you like, following these three steps!
2. Online/Social Media: How Much Time Should Your Nonprofit Invest In Different Social Media Channels? (BethKanter): Time management is key, and should be no exception when thinking about social media. You must have a plan and a breakdown of time to maximize on social media perks!
3. Technology: What Makes for a Successful Infographic? (NonprofitQuarterly): Infographics are EVERYWHERE! Before you jump on the bandwagon, make sure you do it right—keep it simple, clean and fun.
4. Special Events: 3 Quick Ways to Raise More Money at Your Next Event (TheFundraisingAuthority): Make sure your special event pays off – even afterwards! Collect guest information, make follow-up calls and more.
5. Younger Donors/Gen Y/Millennials: Opinion: Young Rich Love to Give but Not to ‘Big Charity’ (TheChronicleofPhilanthropy): You’ve heard that next generation donors are more than happy to give, but who and where they give may be different than their elders.
6. Donors: How Do I Get My Development Officers Out of the Office to Meet with Donors? (eJewishPhilanthropy): Set donor goals each month to help nudge development officers out the door to meet those goals!
7. Miscellaneous: If They Only Knew… (FundraisingSuccessMagazine): Donors that are skeptical that nonprofits and charities are “bad” should talk to the fundraisers themselves and see the passion behind the money.
8. Online/Social Media: 11 Warning Signs Your Nonprofit Social Media Might Actually Raise Money (MaximizeSocialBusiness): Be provocative, useful and compelling in your social media efforts in order to raise more funds for your nonprofit.
9. Donors: Questions I’m Most Often Asked about Cultivating Donors (Guidestar): Want to get to those coveted donors but you don’t have a direct connection? MAKE a connection! Track down a connection and make the match.
10. Technology: Managing Nonprofit Fundraising Risks in the Digital Age (HartfordBusiness): Online giving is the fastest growing fundraising channel, but with perks comes risks, and ones you need to be aware of for your nonprofit.