Top Ten: 7 Steps to More Online Donations This Holiday Season (December 4, 2013)
There’s so much information online that you’re bound to have missed some of it, especially over the holidays. Here are some of the top items, articles and ideas you need to know so you can keep up-to-date and find success.
1. Foundations: Infographic: How Foundations Use Social Media (Frogloop): Thumbs up for nonprofits on social media—but what about foundations? Only a 45 percent thumbs up. Why? This infographic explains.
2. Public Policy: 2 Key Senators Come Out Against Changing Charity Deduction (TheChronicleofPhilanthropy): Success from the second annual Protect Giving DC Day—two key senators sign on to join the fight for the charitable deduction.
3. Marketing: 43 Top Tips of 2013 (TargetMarketingMag): 2013 round-up! Top 43 marketing tips from 2013 to help you refresh your marketing efforts for 2014.
4. Fundraising Research: Nearly Three Quarters of Household Charitable Giving Goes to Organizations with Religious Ties, New Study Finds (Chron): Do these new report findings sound right for your household?
5. Online/Social Media: 7 Steps To More Online Donations This Holiday Season (Business2Community): With year-end giving in full force, follow these seven tips to make your online giving stand OUT!
6. Donors: Saying Thank You Like You Mean It (WildApricot): During the season for showing thanks, say it like you mean it—especially to your donors!
7. Fundraising Research: Charitable Giving Experienced Modest Growth in October (Blackbaud): Overall charitable giving is up 2.3 percent for the last three months ending in October. Will #GivingTuesday give a big push for November?
8. Online/Social Media: Altruism in the Digital Age (Techland): A new day for altruism—it’s always been around, but it’s now more prevalent with social media. Instead of ‘likes’, we should be giving ‘thanks you’s’.
9. Fundraising Strategy/Approach: The “To Do List for Growth for 2014” (eJewishPhilanthropy): Come up for air from those year-end appeals and remember that you have 2014 to look forward to!
10. Donors: Inspired by those Thanksgiving thank yous… (BigDuck): When you are sending your holiday cards to donors, make sure they say “THANKS”, in a big way!