Top Ten: Countdown to Giving Tuesday Dec. 3! (November 27, 2013)
There’s so much information online that you’re bound to have missed some of it, especially over the holidays. Here are some of the top items, articles and ideas you need to know so you can keep up-to-date and find success.
1. Giving Tuesday movement seeks to rival Black Friday, Cyber Monday (DeseretNews): The “movement” of Giving Tuesday is changing philanthropists’ view of a global giving world.
2. Is #GivingTuesday Really Successful? (Don’t Hate Me for Asking!) (FundraisingSuccessMag): You may be thinking these questions—and Angie Moore is asking them out loud! Giving Tuesday—is it really worth it? (Hint: Yes.)
3. A Playbook to Kickstart Your Nonprofit’s #GivingTuesday Campaign (BethKanter): Four steps to a successful #GivingTuesday campaign: goals, incentivize, engage and excite, and follow-up (and repeat).
4. 4 Steps to Awesome #GivingTuesday Corporate-Cause Partnerships (NonprofitMarketingBlog): Partnering with a corporation could put give your #GivingTuesday campaign the extra edge!
5. #GivingTuesday Movement Grows in Western Hemisphere as Latin American Partners Lead the Way (VideoBasedTutorials): On the heels of the U.S.’s launch of Giving Tuesday in 2012, several other countries are joining the movement.
6. 7 Steps To More Online Donations This Holiday Season (Business2Community): With Giving Tuesday next week, and year-end giving in full force, use these seven tips to make your online giving portal stand OUT!
7. Four Ways to Get Behind the #GivingTuesday Movement (Good.Is): All of this planning and prep – but how do you celebrate on the actual day? Here are four ideas – like taking an “unselfie”!
8. Conan O’Brien: Stop talking about red hats & do a monologue about charity giving (ThePetitionSite): Beth Kanter counters Conan O’Brien’s ‘red hat’ skit with the notion that maybe he would have more LinkedIn followers if he invested more in Giving Tuesday!
9. Global Impact’s Guide to #GivingTuesday (Charity): Don’t misperceive Giving Tuesday, or giving back in general—you don’t have to be a world leader or billionaire to give back!
10. Empower Your Supporters on #GivingTuesday (Care2): 30 slides that walk you through the what, why, who and how of #GivingTuesday. Don’t fully understand the movement? You will now!
Related AFP ResourcesDiversity Summit to Gather Fundraising, Philanthropic Leaders from Around the World
AFP Announces Strategic Partnership with Abila
Tom Ahern: 3 Questions Your Case for Support Must Answer
Blackbaud Report on Online Giving
Learn Your Fundraising Personality Type and Work with Donors, Colleagues More Effectively