Top Ten: The Best of Year-end Fundraising! (November 6, 2013)
There’s so much information online that you’re bound to have missed some of it, especially over the holidays. Here are some of the top items, articles and ideas you need to know so you can keep up-to-date and find success.
1. Year-end Fundraising: Stand apart from the crowd with your year-end fundraising campaign (PhilanthropyJournal): Five things to consider: timing, delivery, personal touch and empower the audience.
2. Year-end Fundraising: 8 Ways to Make the Most of Your Year-End Fundraising Campaign (NetworkforGood): And they all revolve around the appeal and ease of your website!
3. Year-end Fundraising: 3 Keys to Year-End Giving Success (VideoBasedTutorials): 18 percent of overall gifts in 2012 were attributed to December, so use these three tips to make it the best December yet!
4. Year-end Fundraising: Ask, ask, ask (iFundNews): In the third part of this year-end appeals series, it comes down to the content, how creative you are and the type of postage you use—it matters!
5. Year-end Fundraising: 3 ways to wake up your donors (NonprofitMarketingBlog): Don’t wait until December to start your appeal—start to warm them up to the idea now so they’re ready when the real campaign hits!
6. Year-end Fundraising: 6 Tips for End-of-Year Nonprofit Fundraising Email Campaigns for Stronger Results (MiratelInc): You don’t have to break the bank on your year-end appeals—email is FREE!
7. Year-end Fundraising: Stay in Touch and Spread the Word: Marketing Your Nonprofit During the Holidays (Business2Community): Incorporate your year-end appeal with the upcoming holidays—including the big spending days like Black Friday, Cyber Monday, and of course, Giving Tuesday!
8. Year-end Fundraising: Tips to Maximize Your End-of-Year Fundraising (SalsaLabs): [Infographic] The number of donations you receive in December are 163 percent more than the average monthly online donations. Here are some tips to help you make that happen!
9. Year-end Fundraising: Get more money with your year-end appeal (NonprofitMarketingGuide): In an interview with Paul Bobnak of SMIQTV and Who’s Mailing What, the advice gets candid on what to do in year-end situations.
10. Year-end Fundraising: Everything you need to know about the annual appeal letter—made easy (Sofii): [Infographic] Tom Ahern and Jay Love of Bloomerang guide you from top to bottom, inside and out, of an annual appeal letter. See how yours matches up!
Related AFP ResourcesAFP International Conference Education Session Sneak Peak: Journey Deeper Inside the Donor’s Brain
Blackbaud Institute Reveals Key Factors Dramatically Transforming the Donor Marketplace
Show a Little Donor - Love in Your Case for Support
Face-to-Face: How to Hold Focused, Successful Meetings With Donors
Listen Up! Ways to Improve Your Listening and Observation Skills With Donors