Top Ten Things: #GivingTuesday Goes Global, Partners From Around the Globe Join the 60-Day Countdown to December 3, 2013 (Oct. 9, 2013)
There’s so much information online that you’re bound to have missed some of it, especially over the holidays. Here are some of the top items, articles and ideas you need to know so you can keep up-to-date and find success.
1. Younger Donors/Gen Y/Millennials: Young patrons: A closer look at donors under 40 (BigDuck): Look at the long-range, pay up, and serve booze—that’s how to engage the next generation of donors.
2. Direct Mail: Can Direct Mail Be Funny? If So, Should It Be?! (DirectMarketingIQ): Forget what you know about direct mail as it relates to humor. It’s time to channel Ellen Degeneres with your direct mail—get funny!
3. Special Events: #GivingTuesday Goes Global, Partners From Around the Globe Join the 60-Day Countdown to December 3, 2013 (Australia.TMCnet): There’s nothing like different countries, nationalities and endless diversities coming together for ONE day.
4. Younger Donors/Gen Y/Millennials: The Charity Divide: Boomers Vs. Gen X And Gen Y (Forbes): Really great breakdown and comparison of how Boomers, Gen X and Gen Y give—when, where and how!
5. Miscellaneous: Class-action suit filed against charity ranked among nation’s worst (CIRonline): Donor files lawsuit against the number three offender on the “Top 50 Worst Charities” list.
6. Fundraising Strategy/Approach: The most bone-headed fundraising meme of our time (FutureFundraisingNow): Don’t shy away from the donor retention challenge and only concentrate on acquiring new donors—it won’t help in the end.
7. Fundraising Strategy/Approach: Friendraising, what’s in it for you? (101Fundraising): “Friendraising” does not mean turning your friends into donors—it’s quite the opposite—turning donors into friends.
8. Fundraising Strategy/Approach: 4 Dos And DON’Ts When Running A Peer-To-Peer Fundraising Campaign (EleventyMarketingGroup): With every don’t comes a do—here are four do’s that will help you overcome those fundraising don’ts!
9. Fundraising Strategy/Approach: Foundations Get Ready: There’s a #GivingTuesday Coming (EffectivePhilanthropy): Though #GivingTuesday is more focused on generating giving among generations, foundations can’t be counted out! Here’s how to get your foundation involved.
10. Online/Social Media: 5 Ways to Use Web Forms for Your NPO (FundraisingIP): Running a nonprofit is time consuming, so make sure you have all of the tools you need to minimize work—including these online forms for your nonprofit’s website!