Top Ten Things: 7-Step Non-Profit Plan to Attract and Keep Corporate Partners (Sept. 24, 2013)
There’s so much information online that you’re bound to have missed some of it, especially over the holidays. Here are some of the top items, articles and ideas you need to know so you can keep up-to-date and find success.
1. Case Studies: Rocking the Case Study (NonprofitMarketingBlog): A case study can sometimes be boresville—but it doesn’t have to be! Rock the socks off that case study with these tips.
2. Fundraising Strategy/Approach: Navigating Off the Napkin (FundraisingSuccess): Innovative fundraising ideas from fundraisers just like you. Some may be a “duh”, but some may change your thinking!
3. Fundraising Strategy/Approach: 10 Letters to Live By (AndreaKihlstedt): Based on a talk from the Nonprofit Management Institute, Andrea Kihlstedt provides ten letters for fundraisers, or anyone, to live by.
4. Corporate Philanthropy: 7-Step Non-Profit Plan to Attract and Keep Corporate Partners (BethKanter): If you can’t beat ‘em, join ‘em! Beth Kanter provides steps for hooking up and making fundraising magic with corporations.
5. Younger Donors/Gen Y/Millennials: Are we so bedazzled by new media that we are losing possible legacies? (Sofii): We talk so much about millennials and the future of giving, but don’t forget about all of the others and the giving of NOW!
6. Fundraising Research: Take the rest of the day off (BurksBlog): Kudos fundraisers—studies show you are getting to know your donors, and well! Now to tackle those last two pesky items…
7. Fundraising Research: Heads of Big Nonprofits Won 3% Raises Last Year (ChronicleofPhilanthropy): Nonprofit CEO’s received three percent raises last year, which gets increasingly smaller ever year. Is that a fair trade?
8. Fundraising Strategy/Approach: The Transparent Spend Down (PhilanTopic): A 31-year-old foundation prepares to close their doors in 2016 and takes you on their journey to the end, with complete transparency. Part one of many!
9. Younger Donors/Gen Y/Millennials: Does Money Matter for Millennials? 6 Key Findings (YoungNonprofitProfessionalsNetwork): Growing up in a world of debt may have made Millennials more money-hungry in their nonprofit jobs than past generations.
10. Year-End Fundraising: Stand apart from the crowd with your year-end fundraising campaign (PhilanthropyJournal): More year-end insight for your big year-end appeal push!