Top Ten Things: Top Ten: 5 Quick Ways to Humanize your Email Marketing (Sept. 17, 2013)
There’s so much information online that you’re bound to have missed some of it, especially over the holidays. Here are some of the top items, articles and ideas you need to know so you can keep up-to-date and find success.
1. Online/Social Media: Social Media Do’s and Don’ts at Every Stage of the Event Lifecycle [Infographic] (EventManagerBlog): How to manage social media for your event—before, during AND after. Plus, those pesky don’ts, to keep you in check!
2. Direct Mail: USPS Update: 7 Issues Mailers Need to Know (TarketMarketing): Before you send out those year-end appeals, check out these seven issues you need to be aware of through USPS.
3. Fundraising Strategy/Approach: Where Is Your Passion? (FundraisingSuccess): If you are a firm believer in following your heart—your passion—then you’re on the right path. If you’re not passionate about where you are, you’re hurting more than yourself.
4. Opinion: Finding a better way to evaluate nonprofits’ effectiveness (NewJerseyTimes): Why is it that you can find every detailed stat on a football team, but not for nonprofits? Making it hard to compare nonprofits.
5. Year-end Fundraising: Get more money with your year end appeal: Interview with Paul Bobnak of DMIQTV and Who’s Mailing What (WildWomanFundraising): This Q&A provides insight to direct mail and successful year-end appeals—perfect timing!
6. Fundraising Research: Rocking the case study (NonprofitMarketingBlog): A case study can sometimes be construed boring—but it doesn’t have to be! Rock the socks off that case study with these “wow” factors.
7. Donors: Creating More Donor-Centered Thank You Letters: One Nonprofit’s Success [Examples] (NonprofitMarketingGuide): Taking your thank you letters to donors to the next level and encouraging even BIGGER gifts—the ultimate goal.
8. Fundraising Strategy/Approach: Make fundraising a team sport (Tallahassee): Does your nonprofit have a fundraising “team” in-house? Because you should! Practice what you preach to your donors.
9. Email: 5 Quick Ways to Humanize your Email Marketing (ConstantContact): Super simple ways to improve your email open-rate. Listen to your mother: Be yourself!
10. This Three Minute Commercial Puts Full-Length Hollywood Films to Shame (Gawker): Bet we can make you cry in three minutes or less… “Giving is the best communication.” This will make you proud of what you do.
Related AFP ResourcesNearly 75% of Charities Met Fundraising Goals in 2014
Blackbaud Report on Online Giving
Different Connections-Working With Colleagues and Donors with Disabilities
Fundraising Professional Hail New York Case Settlement, Encourage Donors to Take Wise Giving Steps
Canada’s Anti-Spam Legislation (CASL)