Top Ten Things: 25 Situations Only Nonprofit People Can Understand (August 21, 2013)
There’s so much information online that you’re bound to have missed some of it, especially over the holidays. Here are some of the top items, articles and ideas you need to know so you can keep up-to-date and find success.
1. Direct Mail: How to: Direct Mail 101 (AgentsofGood): Instead of telling you what NOT to do with direct mail, how about some encouraging direction – from the inside out.
2. Fundraising Humor: 25 Situations Only Nonprofit People Can Understand (Buzzfeed): If you do, or have ever, worked for a nonprofit, you will surely relate to at least one of these hilarious anecdotes!
3. Fundraising Research: Raising Money in a Changing World (TheChronicleofPhilanthropy): The biggest ways philanthropy is going to evolve – in the NEAR future. Get ready to shift!
4. Online/Social Media: 3 ‘did you knows’ for donation page design (ArtezInteractive): Font, color and image – three things that majorly matter on your donation page. Do you follow these guidelines?
5. Online/Social Media: Nonprofit Hashtags You Should Keep an Eye On (NonprofitMarketingGuide): Get your hashtag fix! A list of nonprofit hashtags you should be checking out often.
6. Fundraising Strategy/Approach: You Have 6 Nonprofit Story Types to Tell (Part One) (GettingAttention): There are six, count ‘em, SIX stories for your nonprofit to tell: founding, focus, impact, people, strength and failure.
7. Year-end Fundraising: Everything you need to know about the annual appeal letter. Made easy. (Sofii): With year-end appeals right around the corner, Tom Ahern and Jay Love walk you entirely through them with an infographic.
8. Donor Psychology: The Static State of Philanthropy (Part 1) (HuffImpact): Philanthropy is such a positive word—it makes you feel good all around! Why then is giving so “static”?
9. Volunteer Management: Non-profits and volunteers ‘speed date’ in hopes of finding a good match (mlive): Board and volunteers go on blind dates-well, sort of. It’s a new-age way to find new board members!
10. Leadership: Why Do Leaders Resist Fundraising? (FoundationCenter): Q&A: Three reasons why leaders resist fundraising—help them understand so they’ll get involved!