Ten Things You Might Have Missed (August 14, 2013)
There’s so much information online that you’re bound to have missed some of it, especially over the holidays. Here are some of the top items, articles and ideas you need to know so you can keep up-to-date and find success.
1. Is your nonprofit resonating with millennials? (SocialBrite): The million dollar question! How do you make it happen?
2. How to get donors to give month after month (FutureFundraisingNow): 18 “duh” ways to ensure your donors give month-after-month. Use a checklist when securing donors!
3. How Millennials Are Changing Charitable Giving (NonprofitCharitableOrgs): Real ACTUAL change is happening in the way of giving from the millennials—are you prepared?
4. Helping the Poor Is No Longer a Priority for Today’s Nonprofits (TheChronicleofPhilanthropy): Is poverty pushed aside while nonprofits concentrate on public policy, environment, education and gay marriage?
5. 111 Low-Cost or Free Online Tools for Nonprofits (NonprofitTechForGood): Great list of FREE or nearly-free resources!
6. Email and Phone: Friends or Foes? (IntegratedMarketingAdvisoryBoard): It’s true: email works, but phone calls will never die. Real successful fundraisers have their hands in all channels.
7. How to Evaluate and Strengthen Your Board of Directors (eJewishPhilanthropy): If your board members are merely “cheerleaders”, it’s time for a new strategy and restructuring of support!
8. 16 Ways the Internet Supercharged Viral Philanthropy (Mashable): Internet is the real hero of philanthropy. Without it, where would all 16 of these causes be? Awe-inspiring infographic.
9. New Jersey Nonprofit Ordered to Return Gift After Not Honoring Donor’s Intent (PhilanthropyNewsDigest): Nonprofits beware – If you don’t honor the intent of the donations as “advertised”, the donors could sue.
10. How to Translate Your Program Into a Compelling Video (GettingAttention): Five ways to turn your nonprofit’s story into a video. The do’s and don’t’s to make it engaging and NOT a snoozer!