Ten Things You Might Have Missed (July 31, 2013)
There’s so much information online that you’re bound to have missed some of it, especially over the holidays. Here are some of the top items, articles and ideas you need to know so you can keep up-to-date and find success.
1. We Raised Money From a Millennial! Now Let’s Raise the Bar (HuffingtonPost): Contrary to what you might think, Millennials WILL give back, but don’t ask face-to-face—ask online!
2. 7 New Online Giving Figured & Tips For Web Fundraising Success (EleventyGroup): The Chronicle of Philanthropy report shows that online giving is soaring—how do you capitalize on that? Cash in on these tips!
3. The mGive Foundation Releases Annual Text Donation Study Unique Report of Text Donors Shows Rise of Social Media Integration and Text Giving (mGive): The consensus of the released survey? Mobile isn’t just for text giving anymore—it’s for engaging!
4. How to Use Social Media to Rally Supporters (TheChronicleofPhilanthropy): A podcast from Social Good takes you through the rallying of “fans” through social media, led by two activists.
5. Write a better fundraising appeal: keep it simple (Hands-onFundraising): Want your appeals read? Dumb them down to 6th grade reading level. Turn complexity into simplicity.
6. Must-Read Online Fundraising, Social Media and Mobile Communications Reports for Nonprofits (DesertCharities): What a list! All of the info-filled reports for digital communications compiled into one list—how many have you read?
7. SDSU Reports Historic Year in Philanthropic Giving (ImperialValleyNews): Who ever said that giving was down, or dying, with the next generation of donors? SDSU proves otherwise.
8. 4 Best Practices for Nonprofit Supporter Engagement Utilizing Video App on Instragram (MiratelSolutionsInc): Use Instagram video perks to show off your nonprofit’s new products and services, and to tell a story!|
9. The First Gift Was An Accident (TheAgitator): Retaining donors is the single more important thing, more so than acquiring them in the first place! Here are things NOT to do, in order to retain.
10. Monthly Giving for Small Nonprofits: 8 Tips for Keeping It Simple (NonprofitCharitableOrgs): Engage monthly donors at your small shop! Eight simple steps, including making a monthly giving “club”.