Ten Things You Might Have Missed (July 3, 2013)
There’s so much information online that you’re bound to have missed some of it, especially over the holidays. Here are some of the top items, articles and ideas you need to know so you can keep up-to-date and find success.
1. Insights from a Master: Naomi Levine on the Fundamentals of Fundraising (NonprofitQuarterly): Master fundraiser Naomi Levine believes the basics of fundraising, in some ways, will never change.
2. Partners Announce #GivingTuesday Will be December 3, 2013 (Fox5Vegas): Mark your calendars for December 3—#GivingTuesday is BACK! Save some money from Black Friday and Cyber Monday to give back.
3. Five Fundraising Approaches That Won’t Frighten Your Board (ProBonoAustralia): How to get your board involved with fundraising without frightening them!
4. Charities Use Social Media to Rally Supporters After Gay-Marriage Ruling (Philanthropy): Charities chimed in, along with the rest of the world, to the Supreme Court DOMA ruling.
5. How to Make Giving Feel Good (GreaterGood): Give donors the choice, show them the impact and make a connection, to make them feel GOOD!
6. Is Your Nonprofit Ready to be Super Relevant? (NonprofitMarketingGuide): How many of these items can you check off your list? The more checked, the more relevant your nonprofit is!
7. Why the dumbest things your smartphone does are the smart things to do (Sofii): Smartphones may be smarter than you think! You can use it to engage donors, and vice versa, to support charities!
8. 7 ways nonprofits can benefit from Facebook hashtags (SocialBrite): Facebook has finally caught the hashtag bug! How can your nonprofit capitalize?
9. 15 Techniques Used by Top Nonprofits to Boost Donor Acquisition and Online Fundraising Results (npEngage): If you’re not fundraising online, you’re way behind! Catch-up with these 15 techniques for engaging donors online.
10. Virtuous Nightlife: Linking Millenials to Local Causes (HuffingtonPost): Engage the next generation of donors through something they partake in everyday – FUN! Use events to tap into their inner-donor.