Ten Things You Might Have Missed (June 25, 2013)
There’s so much information online that you’re bound to have missed some of it, especially over the holidays. Here are some of the top items, articles and ideas you need to know so you can keep up-to-date and find success.
1. Donor Acquisition: 3 Donation Form Tweaks that will Quickly Improve Online Fundraising (npEngage): Online giving is ALL the rage in 2013, so get on board! But make sure you have a donation form that WORKS!
2. 8 Advanced Email Personalization Tips (TargetMarketingMag): You know how to send emails by now, but have you mastered the art and increased your open-rate?
3. Major gift bootcamp: paying your dues (CharityInfo): The road to becoming a major gifts officer – everyone has to pay their dues! Here’s how to climb the ladder.
4. 15 Things You Absolutely Must Know About Major Gifts (FundraisingSuccessMag): Includes a link to the handout from the AFP session with the same name/topic!
5. How To Create the Perfect Post on Social Platforms (SearchEngineJournal): Great post on social media guidelines!
6. The Big Boom in Online Giving (ChronicleofPhilanthropy): Study on online giving shows 14% growth.
7. How startup culture is transforming philanthropy (InsidePhilanthropy): The ethos of philanthropy is changing – donors want something in concrete in return for their gift.
8. Online Giving Grows as Charities Polish Their Methods (NonprofitAbout): Online giving SOARS from 2011 to 2012 – charities are getting better at it and donors are getting more comfortable with it.
9. 3 ways to stand out to your donors (NonprofitMarketingBlog): HubSpot and charity:water team up and show you how to standout to your donors – transparency and impact!
10. Emotional Triggers and how to use them (MovieMondays): Tapping nonprofit emotions – Tom Ahern walks you through emotional triggers that will help you make a difference with donors.
Related AFP ResourcesMember Exclusive Free Webinar: Career Planning, the Strategic Plan of You
What Makes a Fundraiser?
Syncing for Success: The Second Development and Finance Symposium
CFRE Study Buddy Program
Today’s Chief Development Officer is Expected to be a Sophisticated Financial Strategist and Planner