Ten Things You Might Have Missed (June 5, 2013)
There’s so much information online that you’re bound to have missed some of it, especially over the holidays. Here are some of the top items, articles and ideas you need to know so you can keep up-to-date and find success.
1. What to Do When Donors Say ‘No’ or ‘I’m Not Sure’ (TheChronicleofPhilanthropy): How to cushion the blow of a donor “no”, and use it to improve your fundraising efforts!
2. Giving In or Giving Up? (FundraisingSuccess): Fundraising veterans—use these tips to keep thriving in your fundraising career—don’t give up!
3. 48 Heroes of Philanthropy (Forbes): The youngest is just 27 (from Mayalsia)!
4. Crisis Customer Service Done Right – NYC Swim (Shankman): Nothing like impeccable customer service to garner a ‘wow’ out of you. How to handle an event crisis!
5. Not Another Bake Sale: Innovative Fundraising Ideas for the Young, Black Philanthropist (MadameNoire): Innovative and outside-the-box ways for the young black philanthropist to raise funds!
6. Pop-Up Concerts for a Cause Catching On Nationwide (Good+You): Cashing in on the “pop-up” trend—maximizing on interest in pop-up concert by tying to charities.
7. Are You a Troglodyte Fundraiser? 3 Ways to Leave the Cave (Clairification): Don’t be a hermit fundraiser—get out from behind your desk, embrace social media and get outside the box!
8. Calgary Zoo’s annual report 2012 on Instagram (Sofii): Bringing the annual report to the new-age…on Instagram! Appealing, eye-catching, engaging, simple and to the point.
9. How Generations X & Y Are Changing Meetings & Events (ICONPresentations): Update more than your communications to the next generation—update your events and conferences, too!
10. 3 Summer Holidays to Focus on for Fundraising (SocialRazoo): Cash-in on Father’s Day, the Fourth of July and Back to School—use these as tools to tug at your donors’ wallets.