Ten Things You Might Have Missed (May 7, 2013)
There’s so much information online that you’re bound to have missed some of it, especially over the holidays. Here are some of the top items, articles and ideas you need to know so you can keep up-to-date and find success.
1. Three Tips to Create a Successful Monthly Giving Program (hjcnewmedia): Time to brush up on your monthly giving program! Here are three tips to guide you in the right direction.
2. Think outside the box for successful grant seeking (charityinfo.ca): Next generation fundraisers think outside the box for successful grant seeking.
3. Google Launches New App for Philanthropy (NonprofitQuarterly): Google launches ‘One Today’ App geared towards philanthropy. Has your nonprofit downloaded it yet?
4. Good lessons from a giant in philanthropy (ElPasoInc): Thoughts from a giant in philanthropy, Mayor Bloomberg, broken down into fundraising lessons.
5. Giving opportunities abound after Boston bombing, but experts urge donors proceed with caution (PendletonTimesPost): Research before you give! 4,000 bogus charities found through Hurricane Katrina. Bound to be bogus charities for Boston marathon.
6. What did we learn in Fundraising Hell? (HuffingtonPost): A recap of the fundraising hell series!
7. Don’t Make These Mistakes At Your Next Event! (FiredUpFundraising): Ten details to pay attention to and things NOT to do!
8. Why fundraisers are so angry (fundraising.co.uk): Do YOU think fundraisers are angry?
9. Engagement: The Donor Retention Myth (PhilanthropyJournal): Donor retention starts with your organizations structure and culture, and the characteristics of your staff and environment…not communication and engagement. That comes next!
10. Why Mobile Matters: A Guide to the Mobile Web – Free White Paper (NetworkForGood): Impulsive giving plus smartphones potentially produces more donations for nonprofits!