Ten Things You Might Have Missed (April 30, 2013)
There’s so much information online that you’re bound to have missed some of it, especially over the holidays. Here are some of the top items, articles and ideas you need to know so you can keep up-to-date and find success.
1. Fundraising Hell, Level 8: The Fraudulent (FutureFundraisingNow): The ultimate fundraising sin that will land you in fundraiser hell – Lying to donors: Don’t do it!
2. 8 Quick Tricks to Get More Clicks, Calls & Mailed-in Responses (DirectMarketingIQ): Get more clicks, calls and mailed-in responses! How, you ask? A great Call to Action (CTA) in eight steps.
3. Why Small Donations Are Priceless (SocialRazoo): Small but mighty! Small donations add up, don’t count them down and out. They’re “priceless”!
4. Chasing Big Donations? Think Local (AdvisorOne): “About half a million-dollar-plus donations come from in-state donors.” Think local giving!
5. Medium-Sized Charities Most Vulnerable During Recession (NonprofitQuarterly): Medium-sized charities – prepare! Is it time to shake things up and restructure to ensure your safety?
6. What UK fundraisers need to know – New report just released (Stratcomca): Same message, different country—you MUST tailor your message for next generation donors, or face donor deficit.
7. How to Impress Donors With Your Programs in a Tough Economy (ChronicleofPhilanthropy): Get ahead of the government game—and leverage donors at the same time. Impress with your programs!
8. Disaster donations: Texas lags way behind Boston (krctv): Are Texas donations overshadowed in the wake of Boston tragedy? Is the media to blame—did they position Boston to tug more at your heart strings?
9. Highlights of 2013 Nonprofit Technology Conference (SocialBrite): Great highlights and actual takeaways from the 2013 NTEN Conference – All compiled in one place!
10. Five Email Fundraising Tips (NonprofitTechnologyNews): Five email fundraising tips broken down by subject, content, mechanics, testing and analyzing!
Related AFP ResourcesHow to Get "Unstuck" In Your Professional Life: Q&A with Leadership Academy Keynote Speaker Valorie Burton
Leadership Society Inducts New Members
Leadership Gap Widens as Baby Boomers Retire
Tips and Tricks: Boost Careers with a Thriving Chapter Mentor Program