Ten Things You Might Have Missed (April 23, 2013)
There’s so much information online that you’re bound to have missed some of it, especially over the holidays. Here are some of the top items, articles and ideas you need to know so you can keep up-to-date and find success.
1. WSPA’s ‘big bear build’ and ‘big bear rescue’ appeals (SOFII): An appeal to current donors that knows how to tug at their heart strings.
2. What Do Nonprofits Need More Than Funding? (HuffingtonPost): There’s something more than funding? ::gasp:: How about new & effective leaders?! Start with the basics.
3. Philanthropy: Why You Should Demand a ROI (INC): Be an entrepreneurial philanthropist! Turn challenges into big wins. Dream big!
4. How Fundraisers Can Get More Out of LinkedIn (TheChronicleofPhilanthropy): Set the bar high on LinkedIn to get the most out of it as a fundraiser.
5. 36 Fundraising Tips to Provoke Your Point of View, Sharpen Your Focus and Make You Laugh (FiredUpFundraising): Noteworthy tweets compiled from #afpICON that provide tips and takeaways!
6. Re-Imagining How To Decrease Donor Retention (TheNewScienceofPhilanthropy): Thing like Patch Adams – Be human and donor centered.
7. 3 Absolutely (Nearly) Free Services to Improve Nonprofit Web Design (NonprofitHub): Top takeaways from a 52-tip session!
8. Young Americans giving more to charities than older groups (CPAPracticeAdvisor): Thank social media and volunteerism for this rise in giving!
9. Remember, You Are In Business! (CDSGlobalNP): Fundraising IS a real industry, it IS a real job, you ARE a professional! A friendly reminder from a fellow-fundraiser.
10. How truly great fundraising can flourish (TheNonProfitTimes): It pays to have the right people!