Ten Things You Might Have Missed (April 16, 2013)
There’s so much information online that you’re bound to have missed some of it, especially over the holidays. Here are some of the top items, articles and ideas you need to know so you can keep up-to-date and find success.
1. Four Recent Facebook Upgrades That Nonprofits Need to Know About (NonprofitOrgs): If your nonprofit is on Facebook, you definitely want to know about these four recent changes/upgrades!
2. 70% of Charities Forecast Rise in Donations in 2013 (ChronicleofPhilanthropy): Turn to technology, bequests and thank you’s to make it happen.
3. Just Who Uses Social Media? A Demographic Breakdown (mashable): Infographic breaks down who you should be appealing to on social media.
4. Building a New Nonprofit Workforce With Millennial Leaders (HuffingtonPost): An accelerated speed of change has created a new call for serve nonprofit organization, for Millennials.
5. AFP Conference Notes (mymcmedia): The view from an AFP Diversity Fellows winner!
6. Five questions every nonprofit donor should ask (DenverPost): Donors – Educate yourself before you give!
7. Let Charities Change the World (USNews): “It’s time we let charities reach the same scale as McDonald’s and Nintendo”
8. Fundraisers, not just donors, are sick of endless appeals (NonprofitMarketingBlog): Don’t worry, donors, fundraisers are tired of hounding you with appeals, too!
9. Google Adds Non-Profit Information To Knowledge Graph, Gives Them A Boost With Google+ Follow Buttons (TechCrunch): Google’s new feature gives nonprofits a tailored search engine for donors, and gives donors the chance to find nonprofits that suit them!
10. Live from AFP: Youth Can Wait to Work (TheNonProfitTimes): Today’s youth are not tomorrow’s leaders, they’re today’s leaders!