Ten Things You Might Have Missed (March 26, 2013)
There’s so much information online that you’re bound to have missed some of it. Here’s some of the top items, articles and ideas you need to know so you can keep up-to-date and find success.
1. Nonprofits Taking Steps to Adapt to ‘New Normal’, Survey Finds (FoundationCenter): After years of economic stress, nonprofits amp-up AND cut-back to adjust to the “new normal”.
2. Money Woes Plague Charities Struggling to Meet Demand (ChronicleofPhilanthropy): Don’t give up – diversifying your sources of revenue help nonprofits survive in 2013.
3. 7.4% Of World Workforce In Nonprofits (TheNonprofitTimes): The nonprofit workforce makes up on average 7.4 percent of the total workforce in some parts of the world!
4. Big Mac Fundraising (TheAgitator): The Management Centre (=mc) will launch a new philanthropy index on April 8th – During AFP’s International Conference!
5. Pixar’s 22 rules of fundraising (FutureFundraisingNow): How Pixar’s Rules of Storytelling can turn into rules of fundraising for YOU to follow!
6. Online fundraising programs are all the rage (Sage): Nonprofit organizations can majorly benefit from online fundraising campaigns!
7. Strategically social: a guide for small shops (CharityInfo): This new series of article will help smaller charities use social media strategically – without stretching resources!
8. The power of video storytelling (101fundraising): Done right, video can help you tell your story and make your nonprofit more successful.
9. 12 Monthly Giving Tops to Live By (Nonprofit.About): #7 – Give a catchy name to your monthly giving program and then promote it like crazy.
10. TELUS Corporation: TED had eyes for TELUS Optik TV (4-traders): Attention Optik TV users – TED is coming to a TV near you! TED’s full library of talks will be available.