Ten Things You Might Have Missed (March 19, 2013)
There’s so much information online that you’re bound to have missed some of it. Here’s some of the top items, articles and ideas you need to know so you can keep up-to-date and find success.
1. Four Ways to Create a Successful Nonprofit Career Path (RosettaThurman): There may not be a set path for all nonprofits, but this provides four steps to creating your own customized path!
2. ‘Naïve’ Twitter Pledge Leads to UK Lawmaker Donating $21,150 to Charity (DigitalTrends): Fiona Mactaggart may not have known what she was getting herself into, but the Comic Relief charity is happily $21,150 richer!
3. Best Links: Facebook Changes, Infographics, Mobile Strategy (Nonprofit.About): One-stop shop for helpful fundraising links and how to’s!
4. Attracting Young People to Your Nonprofit (SocialBright): Using the effervescent social media outlets to engage youth volunteerism in your organization.
5. Walmart Foundation Grants $6.7 Million to Spread Nutrition Education (Sage): So important for the next generation!
6. UK Charities Are Missing Out on £665m in Donations Every Year (FundraisingHub): Largest survey of its kind proves that people would give more if they knew where it was going!
7. Special Report: Charitable Giving Deduction in the Crosshairs, Again (MichaelRosenSays): Nonprofit community – Stay engaged and vigilant to persuade a better outcome.
8. Action on Heading Loss: put a gift in your will (Sofii): How a powerful, yet simple mailing convinced people that making a gift in a will really does make a difference to the hearing impaired.
9. The (Un) Guide to Conferences: 7 Tips for What NOT to Do (npEngage): Tips to help guide you as the kick-off of conference season gears up!
10. “Donor Fatigue” an Excuse for Poor Fundraising Practices (NonProfitQuarterly): Don’t use laziness and “donor fatigue” as an excuse!