Ten Things You Might Have Missed (March 12, 2013)
There’s so much information online that you’re bound to have missed some of it. Here’s some of the top items, articles and ideas you need to know so you can keep up-to-date and find success.
1. Emma's 5 Tips for Better Email Images (About.com): Sometimes thinking about images gets lost in the shuffle. It shouldn’t!
2. Nonprofit Trends: Flight to Quality (HuffPost): Interesting looking ahead by Blackbaud chief Marc Chardon
3. 6 Soft Skills You Need Before You Graduate (Braathe Enterprises Virtual Project): Not just for graduates either, but a good reminder for us all
4. 3 storytelling lessons (101fundraising): Stories are critical but make sure they’re the right ones.
5. 7 Ways To Value Yourself Beyond Social Media (Forbes): Online perceptions and reality
6. 7 things that will make you a better fundraiser (101fundraising): Thoughtful comments on the profession
7. Ten tips to spur the creative grant proposal-writing process (sofii): Good tips for any writing actually!
8. Got Ideas? Crowdsourcing for Innovation and Community Engagement (NTEN): Don’t be afraid of crowd sourcing—here are some great examples
9. Nonprofit ABF’s: Always Be Fundraising (HuffPost): It’s all about the relationships!
10. Why donors get jaded, and how you can stop it (FutureFundraisingNow): Interesting example raises questions on why we fundraise and when do we stop?
Related AFP ResourcesAFP’s Young Professional Spotlight: Jessica Wroblewski, CFRE
Volunteering Your Fundraising Skills Overseas
McManus Awarded Queen’s Jubilee Medal
Identify Your Funding Model That Makes the Most Impact
Six Things I Wish I Had Known at the Beginning of My Fundraising Career