Ten Things You Might Have Missed (March 5, 2013)
There’s so much information online that you’re bound to have missed some of it. Here’s some of the top items, articles and ideas you need to know so you can keep up-to-date and find success.
1. What Makes for an Effective Online Donation Page? (NonprofitQuarterly): A simple infographic outlining what an effective donation page should look like.
2. Winner Young Fundraising Talent: “He who gives shall receive” (101Fundraising): Amazing story that will suck you in!
3. Amanda Palmer’s TED Talk Contains Important Lessons for Publishers (VIDEO) (HuffingtonPost): Beautiful talk about crowdfunding and audience engagement.
4. Infographics Produce Fundraising Results (TheAgitator): Go graphic; it works!
5. Measuring your ROI in multichannel fundraising campaigns (PhilanthropyJournal): It’s not easy in a new multi-channel world, but this breaks it down in four simple steps!
6. How to build a remarkable web strategy for your cause (CharityVillage): It’s not just about your presence on social media.
7. How Facebook Can Help You Raise Real Dollars (FiredUpFundraising): Have fun on social media - Be creative, get people’s attention, THEN ask!
8. Why America’s Charities Are So Uncharitable (Slate): What makes a charity…charitable?
9. Let’s Work Together – The Importance of a Good Relationship with the Program Department (AnnGreenNonprofit): Developing a good relationship between Marketing & Program departments is vital to your nonprofit’s success!
10. Integrating eCommerce at the Ontario SPCA (hjcnewmedia): New integrated fundraising technology platform takes Ontario SPCA to new heights with 59% increase in gifts!