Ten Things You Might Have Missed (February 26, 2013)
There’s so much information online that you’re bound to have missed some of it. Here’s some of the top items, articles and ideas you need to know so you can keep up-to-date and find success.
1. Governance, Anyone? The Stupidity of Sequestration (NonprofitQuarterly): The countdown to March 1 is on…and almost over!
2. How to write better subject lines for fundraising emails (FutureFundraisingNow): Switch it up!
3. Top 10 Things to Understand About How Fundraising Really Works Today (FiredUpFundraising): It’s Fundraising101! Avoid the myths.
4. The video annual report: a fundraiser’s secret weapon (CharityInfo.ca): Video is all the rage these days…are you on board?
5. Hidden Heroes: Why it’s time to focus on your everyday donors (CharityVillage): Everyday donors, THEY are your hidden heroes!
6. Fundraising, Part 1: Basics key as economy starts to recover (PhilanthropyNorthCarolina): Seems to be the theme these days – back to the basics!
7. Nonprofits Line Up to Defend Charitable Deduction at House Hearing (AssociationsNow): A recap of the hearing.
8. Stanford University is 1st college to raise $1B (TheBigStory): Congrats to Stanford! Take a page from their fundraising book.
9. Are you as “social” as other nonprofits? (NonprofitMarketingBlog): Nonprofits put their “for profit” counterparts to shame!
10. Shoe shiner donates $200K in tips to children in need (WTAEPittsburgh): Yes, pennies do add up to hundreds of thousands, apparently.