Ten Things You Might Have Missed (February 19, 2013)
There’s so much information online that you’re bound to have missed some of it. Here’s some of the top items, articles and ideas you need to know so you can keep up-to-date and find success.
1. 5 ways to validate giving decisions and drive retention (PhilanthropyJournal): Five steps that can help foster the greatets number of lasting relationships…with your donors!
2. The Permanent Disruption of Social Media (SSIReview): Understanding the new types of donor behavior and how to reach them via social media.
3. 6 Enewsletter Ideas Help Retain Donors (npEngage): Using “old school” enewsletters to strengthen donor relationships - here’s how!
4. How negative social proof persuades people not to give (FutureFundraisingNow): Don’t try to encourage donors by being negative. Find the silver lining!
5. 10 Ways to Build Donor Loyalty (TheAgitator): Simple and to-the-point.
6. Young Tech Elite Top List of 2012 U.S. Donors (HuffingtonPost): Topping this list - tech savvy and younger than ever!
7. The Founding Fathers Write a Grant Proposal (blueavocado): Fundraising Humor
8. Top 10 TED Talks For Nonprofit Leaders (StayClassy): By innovating, inspiring supporters who create impact every day of the year, in places all over the world.
9. What is a fundraiser? (KenBurnett): The raw truth from a hands-on fundraiser.
10. 7 things that will make you a better fundraiser (101Fundraising): Improve your fundraising in immediate ways, while you’re racking up the experience.