Ten Things You Might Have Missed (February 12, 2013)
There’s so much information online that you’re bound to have missed some of it. Here’s some of the top items, articles and ideas you need to know so you can keep up-to-date and find success.
1. You have been abandoned (npEngage): Tips on how to get rid of online giving form abandonment.
2. Why donors stop their support (NonprofitMarketingBlog): Percentages outlining why donors stop giving may help you rethink how you allocate your efforts to your donors!
3. Philanthropist Richard A. Herman leaves fortune to local charity, symphony, opera (WashingtonPost): Shy philanthropist quietly gives.
4. Development Directors Are Not Miracle Workers (TheChronicleofPhilanthropy): There’s more that goes into a successful organization than a Development Director – They can only do so much!
5. Razoo Survey Reveals Top Charity Influencer is the First Lady, Not a Celebrity (CrowdSourcing): Beating out Oprah, Angelina Jolie and Lady Gaga!
6. Mobile Giving – it’s easy to stand out in a crowd of one (queerideas.co.uk): Is mobile giving the answer to your retention woes?
7. Annual Calendar of Social Good and Cause Campaigns (NonprofitOrgs): Don’t wait for the day to come-and-go – Know what to celebrate as it approaches!
8. 7 Tips for Doing Good and Spreading Love on Valentine’s Day (Handsonblog): Give back while giving to your loved one!
9. Video: Rumors, Myths, and Legends: Nonprofit Edition (NonprofitRT): Top five myths of the nonprofit sector.
10. A Skilled Nonprofit Workforce for $10 an hour? (NonprofitQuarterly): Like an internship…for Baby Boomers! ReServe kicks-off in Boston for 55+ year olds retired from the nonprofit sector.