Ten Things You Might Have Missed (January 29, 2013)
There’s so much information online that you’re bound to have missed some of it. Here’s some of the top items, articles and ideas you need to know so you can keep up-to-date and find success.
1. Stop Social Media Overload (Smallact): Don’t let Social Media run you; run it!
2. 5 Reasons to Fundraise in January (Social.Razoo): It’s never too early!
3. How to Do Disaster Relief Right (Nonprofitquarterly): Nonprofits teaching legislators what works and what isn’t all that helpful.
4. Is 2013 the Year of Video for Nonprofits? (BethKanter): “Video is, by far, the content that commands the most attention online.”
5. The Path to Social Media Success in 2013: a 12-Month Plan [Infographic] (Marketingprofs): Helping small businesses tackle the daunting task of developing a social media presence (without feeling overwhelmed).
6. 5 Mistakes to Avoid if You Want a Nonprofit Job (Forbes): How to move from the corporate world to the nonprofit world.
7. Giving Will Barely Rise in 2013, Report Predicts (Philanthropy): Environmental Giving may be your best bet!
8. Five tips to create powerful infographics (Socialbrite): Telling the story of your cause through a set of infographics – Attention getting!
9. Bill Gates: My Plan to Fix The World’s Biggest Problems (Online.WallStreetJournal): Precise measurement is key.
10. How to show impact? Here’s a great example (Nonprofitmarketingblog): Take a cue from The Minneapolis Jewish Federation and show your donors the impact of their gifts!