Ten Things You Might Have Missed (January 22, 2013)
There’s so much information online that you’re bound to have missed some of it. Here’s some of the top items, articles and ideas you need to know so you can keep up-to-date and find success.
1. 5 Smartphone Apps for Nonprofits – Mobilize Your Nonprofit Tasks (Nonprofit Charitable Orgs): Where, why and how to get your nonprofit into a Smartphone era.
2. 19 Nonprofit Facebook Page Status Ideas You Can Steal (JohnHaydon): Guidance on how to engage followers for your nonprofit Facebook page.
3. Man on 700 Mile Charity Run Passes Through Greenwich, Port Chester (GreenwichPatch): The ultimate dedication. Follow Gary Allen’s journey from Maine to the president’s inauguration in Washington, D.C. to raise funds for victims of the Newtown massacre.
4. The 2013 Inauguration Features the First-Ever Inaugural Smartphone App (Washingtonian): See number one; even the White House has caught on!
5. This blog is a bit of a rant (101Fundraising): More fuel to the fire, supplementing AFP’s article, New Year, New Philanthropists, to prove that the “New Philanthropists” prefer restricted gifts.
6. Ensure Sustained Giving by Planned Gift Donors (npENGAGE): Ask yourself these seven questions to see if you're doing the rig things to sustain your donors!
7. Nonprofit Fundraising: Don't Worry, Be Happy (Huffingtonpost): Despite Congress's consideration of a tax overhaul that may include tax deductions for charitable giving, the desire of the human kind to make a difference will prevail.
8. 6 Habits of Remarkably Likeable People (Inc.): Learn from past AFP International Conference plenary speaker Bill Clinton, and Nelson Mandela, on how to be charming and genuine.
9. Canada's Top 5 Charities Run by Young Professionals (Notable): Check out the inspiring young people running Canada-based charities, including past AFP International conference speaker Yael Cohen.
10. After the Yes: 12 Questions You Can Ask Donors Once They Say Yes (Guidestar): The questions don't stop after the "ask" is completed! There are additional questions that will help your relationship with the donor.
Related AFP ResourcesCharity Reform: Overview of Finance Committee Giving Reform Proposals
Charity Reform: Overview of Finance Committee Accountability Proposals
Letters Needed Now on Finance Committee Proposals!
Senate Banking Committee Endorses AFP's Recommendations To Increase Charitable Giving
Canadian Leadership Retreat