Ten Things You Might Have Missed (January 15, 2013)
There’s so much information online that you’re bound to have missed some of it. Here’s some of the top items, articles and ideas you need to know so you can keep up-to-date and find success.
1. Donor Acquisition through Webinars? Worth a Try? (101fundraising): Can charities use the webinar format to identify and engage donors? Jack Ryan works through the possibilities.
2. Precisely not how to figure out young-donor fundraising (Future Fundraising Now): Some pushback on an earlier Chronicle of Philanthropy article on how to reach younger donors.
3. The Importance of Donor Retention (Philantopic: The Foundation Center): Good data in a fun Infographic, and we’re not including just because it features information from AFP’s Fundraising Effectiveness Project. Well, we sorta are, but it’s good stuff nevertheless.
4. Tiny The Obese Cat Slims Down, Gets Adopted From Fredericton SPCA (Huffington Post Impact): Because cats are cute, and it’s a great example of how we can use everyday stories to connect people to our cause.
5. Are Your E-Mails Getting Lost in a Spam Folder? How to Find out and What You Can Do (Nonprofit Quarterly): A short read, but critical in this day and age of email filters.
6. Top 10 Blog Posts on Effective Grantmaking Practices of 2012 (NCRP): Thoughtful stuff for grant writers, especially the first post.
7. 2013 Nonprofit Communications Trends (Kivi’s Nonprofit Communications Blog): Nice way to benchmark what you’re doing in communications compared to your colleagues.
8. Fiscal Cliff Disaster Averted, but Trouble Looms (Michael Rosen Says…): An admirable job of laying out what’s ahead for the sector in public policy and provides some tips for fundraising in this environment.
9. 9 Rules to Live By in 2013 (Fired Up Fundraising): Solid guidelines and excellent reminders from Gail for 2013, or any other year for that matter.
10. How to Develop Donor Personas for Your Nonprofit (Stay Classy Blog): You’ve probably wanted to do this before at your organization. Here are some guidelines and ideas for making it work.
Related AFP ResourcesThe Fundraising Effectiveness Project Releases Third Quarter Benchmark Report for Nonprofit Fundraisers
Trends in Corporate Fundraising
Nonprofit Videos (on a Budget) that Engage and Retain Donors
Transformational Giving: A Different Approach to the Fundraising Case For Support
Blackbaud Report on Online Giving