Ten Things You Might Have Missed (October 30, 2012)
There’s so much information online that you’re bound to have missed some of it. Here’s some of the top items, articles, and ideas you need to know about and that can help you find success.
1. Story Telling: How to Make Your Story Stand Out (Charity Comms)
2. Ethics: Lance Armstrong and the Contagion of Unethical Behavior (Stanford Social Innovation Review)
3. Online/Social Media: YouTube Launches Digital Thermometer for Non-Profits (Mashable)
4. Cultivation/Stewardship: Be Your Donor Day (Network for Good)
5. Emails: 8 Dangerous (But Common) Misconceptions About Email Marketing (Inbound Internet Marketing Blog)
6. Volunteer Management/Support: A Cornucopia of Ways to Support Independent Fundraising Events (npENGAGE)
7. Stewardship: Re-engaging Monthly Donors (Charity Village)
8. Philanthropy/Inspirational: Fundraisers must take seriously the power of giving (Future Fundraising Now)
9. Mobile: 4 Ways Nonprofits Can Get Started with Mobile (and 4 Ways They Shouldn’t)
10. Grants: Arts Organizations—How Do You Make Your Initial Approach to a Funder? (Foundation Center) (While written for an arts charity, we thought it was interesting information for any charity)
Related AFP ResourcesHow Does Your Organization Define “Success” in Social Media Fundraising?
Instagram Makes Waves in the Nonprofit World
Lessons From 2012 That Will Make 2013 A Great Year
Social Media Has Growing Impact on Peer-to-Peer Event Fundraising
How Do You Measure the Success of Fundraising on Social Networks? Dollars or Doggie Treats?