Have you hosted a unique and highly successful fundraising event? Do you have an endless list of tips on how to begin an effective capital campaign? Are you an expert on direct mail? Consider sharing your knowledge and expert advice by getting an article published in eWire.
eWire is designed to provide quick, concise articles that share helpful tips with your fellow fundraising professionals.
Articles can cover a wide array of fundraising and nonprofit topics but should provide information and tips that will benefit your fellow AFP members and give them news they can use!
1. Articles should ideally be 400-600 words.
2. Articles should have the broadest appeal possible. You may choose to write about:
- Trends in your practice setting or subsector
- Lessons learned
- 'How-to' articles; for example: How to conduct a silent auction or how to ask for a large gift.
3. Articles should not be blatant product promotions but should provide useful fundraising tips.
4. You may include a 25-word paragraph at the end with your name and a short bio or list of credentials (this is in addition to the 400-600 word limit).
5. eWire editors have the right to refuse any articles for any reason as well as the right to edit for clarity and length.
Submission of Article
- Please attach the article as a Word document and email it to email@example.com. Please type “Story Submission” in the subject line of the email.
- At the end of your Word document include a 25-word paragraphwith your name and a short bio or list of credentials, along with complete contact information.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org with questions. Thank you for helping AFP continue to make eWire a valuable resource.