First released in October 1999, Kaleidoscope was developed by the Diversity Committee of the Association of Fundraising Professionals (AFP) under the leadership of Alphonce J. Brown Jr., ACFRE, AFP chair and vice president of development of the National Academy of Public Administration in Washington, D.C. Published four times a year, Kaleidoscope supports AFP’s strategic goal of connecting communities around the world by promoting diversity to donors, boards and fundraisers.
Each edition will cover a wide range of topics that spotlight new trends and spark thought-provoking discussion on current diversity issues:
- a thought leader’s column written by the profession’s most respected leaders sharing their perspectives on engaging various communities in fundraising
- case studies and research that shed light on the best ways to embrace diverse communities and help them succeed in fundraising and the nonprofit sector
- articles on engaging professionals from underserved communities to consider fundraising careers
- conversations with authors who will share the latest information and their expertise on inclusiveness
- information regarding AFP’s work promoting and encouraging diversity in the profession
The publication’s goal is simple: to ensure that all Kaleidoscope readers will benefit from the tips, tools and findings presented, whether they are currently, or plan to, fundraise in a diverse community, or are diverse fundraisers themselves.