AFP's Faculty Training Academy
Faculty Training Academy (FTA) is AFP's "train the trainer" program that helps ensure quality in education by providing formal training for prospective faculty and instructors of AFP's education programs.
FTA attendees receive comprehensive, hands-on training in adult education principles, learning styles, classroom management, assessment, and other related topics. FTA graduates are expected to serve as instructors for AFP's Fundamentals in Fundraising, CFRE Refresher, Planning to Keep Your Donors, and other professional development courses on behalf of AFP IHQ and chapters.
** See below for current registration opportunities. **
- 2-day, face-to-face teaching block. Hours 8:00am - 5:00pm each day. (Travel arrangements and expenses are responsibility of participants.)
- See below for eligibility requirements.
FTA candidates must:
- Possess extensive experience in the non-profit sector and thorough knowledge of the fundraising profession.
- Regularly participate in continuing education in fundraising, with a minimum of 45 contact hours within the previous three years.
- Maintain current AFP membership.
- Maintenance of CFRE credential is helpful but not absolutely necessary.
Further, FTA applicants are asked to serve as faculty for a minimum of three AFP courses for the 2-year period after graduation. Of course AFP welcomes any additional commitment.
The course is taught by Dr. B.J. Bischoff. (More to come about Dr. Bischoff.)
- AFP members - US$ 799
- Non-members - Not eligible
- Payment plan is available. See the registration page for details (link below).
- Cancellation and refund policy noted on registration page.
FTA will next be offered March 30-31, 2017, at AFP IHQ in Arlington, Virginia. REGISTER NOW!
AFP IHQ's address is 4300 Wilson Boulevard, Suite 300, Arlington, VA 22203, just outside of Washington, DC. The nearest airport is Reagan National Airport (DCA). Here's a list of nearby hotels.
Questions? Contact us at email@example.com.