AFP's Faculty Training Academy
AFP's Faculty Training Academy (FTA) prepares instructors to take leadership positions in AFP's professional education programs and to serve as peer mentors for other AFP course instructors. Program graduates are referred to as AFP Master Trainers.
The FTA, a two-day seminar for experienced fundraising instructors, was developed in 1999-2000 by the AFP Education Curriculum Committee in collaboration with the Indiana University Center on Philanthropy in Indianapolis.
The goal of the FTA is to ensure quality in education by formally training instructors. Academy graduates are expected to serve as Fundamentals of Fundraising and/or CFRE Review Course instructors and as mentors to other course faculty. The ultimate goal is to make available to all chapters at least one Master Teacher.
The Faculty Training Academy has been offered eight times: in January 2000, February 2002, June 2004, June 2006, June 2008, April 2010, October 2010, and November 2011. To date, there are 242 AFP Master Trainers across the world.
A. Candidates must:
- Possess extensive successful experience in the nonprofit field and be thoroughly knowledgeable of the fundraising process.
- Have completed a minimum of 45 contact hours of continuing education in fundraising within the past three years.
- Demonstrate success in teaching adult students during the three years prior to application to the Academy.
- Have successful experience in evaluating and/or supervising peers.
- Be endorsed by their local AFP Chapter Vice President for Education and Professional Development or Chapter President.
- Be currently working in fundraising.
- CFRE Credential
B. FTA applicants are asked to agree to serve as faculty for a minimum of three AFP courses (Fundamentals of Fundraising Course and/or CFRE Review Course) over a period of two years following graduation from the Academy.
Preference is given to individuals who currently work in fundraising or who are recently retired. Registration is limited to 35 trainees per session.
If you are interested in attending an upcoming AFP Faculty Training Academy, please contact Elisabeth Miller at email@example.com or call (703) 519-8465.