Give Back to the Profession: Become a Teacher and Trainer!
(Dec. 3, 2007) There’s no better way to give back to the fundraising profession than through teaching and training others in the field. And now experienced fundraisers have that opportunity, as nominations are being sought for AFP’s fifth Faculty Training Academy, to be held June 11–13, 2008, in Minneapolis.
Individuals successfully completing the program will form a group of highly qualified teachers who will take leadership positions in AFP professional education programs, including the First Course, CFRE Review Course and Essentials of Fundraising.
Candidates must demonstrate their understanding of appropriate pedagogical techniques and adult learning methodology and be able to deliver high quality, interesting and thought-provoking presentations.
To be eligible to apply for the program, candidates must meet the following criteria:
- Possess extensive successful experience in the nonprofit field and be thoroughly knowledgeable about the fundraising process
- Have completed a minimum of 45 contact hours of continuing education in fundraising within the last three years
- Demonstrate success in teaching adult students during the three years prior to applying to the academy
- Successfully evaluated and/or supervised peers
- Have the endorsement of their local AFP chapter’s vice president for education and professional development or chapter president
- Agree to teach at least three AFP educational courses or programs (First Course and/or CFRE Review Course) within the two-year period following the Faculty Training Academy
- Work currently in the fundraising profession
To achieve the goal of providing selected trainees with an enriching interactive experience, registration will be limited to 35 trainees per session. More information and an application form can be found on the AFP website. There is a $125 registration fee to attend the Faculty Training Academy.
Applications are due to AFP international headquarters by Jan. 15, 2008, and can be sent via mail to Faculty Training Academy, Attention: Professional Advancement representative, 4300 Wilson Blvd., Suite 300, Arlington, VA, 22203; via fax: (703) 685-0540; or email ProAdv@afpnet.org Direct: 703.519.8494 or Toll Free: 800.666.3863.
Related AFP ResourcesOhio Fundraiser Benjamin Imdieke Earns Highest Professional Fundraising Credential from AFP
New Partnership to Strengthen Training for Nonprofit Leaders
Four Fundraisers Earn Highest Credential From AFP
Enough About Me!
Angela Seaworth Earns Highest Professional Fundraising Credential From AFP